Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 460 Dvd Remote Not Working!

got the DVD sound but cannot drop down screen. Sod's law I'm going away for a couple of weeks in the car and the dvd would have been handy!! question is does anyone know if the screen can be dropped down any other way rather than with remote ? I phoned two lexus dealers today and neither could answer the question. One of them said he would contact his top technical guy, even he didn't know, I told him I would ask the real experts on here tonight lol, he slightly sarcastically asked me to call back if I got any answers. Don't let me down guys!! I would love to get on the blower tomorrow with the answer lol.

On my LS600 there is an option on the drivers display to open and close the roof-mounted screen. I think you have to press the "Display" button to see it. However, I suspect that if the remote doesn't open it then neither will this - assuming that the batteries in the remote are OK?!! Worth a try though, as at least it will confirm whether it's the remote or the display that's at fault

As for a manual release, I can't see any reference to it and I'm not brave enough to try moving it by hand.

• Like 1

Yes, on my 460, on the audio page (maybe page 2) there is a button that lowers the screen - and that can be used to make it come up again. Push the audio button to the right of the screen, and, from memory, it's there somewhere near the top. I'd go out and check but it's the middle of the night and there are badgers around <wg>

There is no manual release. I believe that if you manage to pull it down then it is broken. : o (

Thanks a lot guys!!

new I could rely on you, had a quick look in the book and your right schythe you can operate the dvd from the front, in the mean time my mate managed to repair the remote so it's all good!!

What is slightly disappointing is I spoke to two main dealers and neither could answer the question one of them even went off to speak to his top technical guy ( his words not mine) and even he didn't have a clue.

Lightheartedly I said this site would give me the answer and he asked (like I said) sarcastically to let him know.

Think it would be rude of me not, thanks again!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links