Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Question

kev dood

Just had my car in for an end of warrenty check.

They have said they will change the rear discs as they are showing signs of corrosion - therefore, should they also change the pads? If so, will this be covered under the warrenty also - pads usually aren't - and if not, how much are they and should I bother getting them done - the car has done 22k so I can't see them being that worn.

Also, they are going to change one of the wheel bearings - should they not change both sides - I thought you always had to change them in pairs?

And lastly - they are putting in a new Battery, therefore will this inadvertantly reset the ECU?

Thanks all, and particular thanks to the Lexus dealership who will be getting a glowing report.

No need to change the pads if replacing the discs. Just take it easy for the first 100 miles and start to increase the pressure you apply to bed in the discs.

Rear pads should be around £35+vat but should last a long time as most of the braking is done on the front. You may be charged up to 1 hour labour if the dealer fits them.

Changing one wheel bearing is fine.

Changing the Battery will reset the ECU - not a problem though.

Cheers Colin, you at work too, doing nothing (like me) or home?

I don't mind so much about the ECU reset as I have been on Optimax now for ages. Just don't want to see a drop in MPG!! :o

The car is going back in on 7th Jan, so hopefull after then it will all be happy sailing. Shame they are not gonna do the fronts, as they are more worn!

From Lexus Reading.

Must say a big TA to Beth Pert the Service Adviser there. She is very helpful, a credit to the dealership.

Lets hope the mpg doesn't go down too much eh!! Its expensive enough as it is!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links