Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Menu Button Issue

I had used my voice command to instruct the Nav unit to 'Go Home' and the instruction was duly accepted. Shortly after, I received a notice to say that there was traffic congestion on the route I had selected and would I like to choose an alternative route. Using the toggle to enter NO, I pressed the 'Enter' button, several times, but there was no response. I pressed the menu button but no response, the menu function is defunct and I cannot access any of the menu facilities. The traffic congestion notice cleared after 5 minutes or so but the problem with the menu button persists. For the record, no pun intended, the DVD player is working.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Keith,

I am a little confused by your post... Did you not just press "NO" on the screen itself?

When the YES / NO prompt appears on the screen, all you need to do is press either of the two on the screen itself. Pressing the menu button will not do anything?

Or am I missing something?

Hi,

I believe the buttons themselves are available as a separate part to the whole Nav unit, so can be replaced independently (all the buttons come as one module that can be unscrewed/unclipped and then plug n' play swapped).

If you haven't already, why not unplug all Nav / Audio fuses for 30 mins or so? It could hard clear the issue if software related...

Usually I would of suggested taking the negative lead off the car Battery for 30 mins but noticed you have the 400h so no idea if that would work!

There's a couple of whole Nav screen units on eBay for £250, but if it is only the button that's defective, any audio shop or car electrician could change/fix the switch for less than £50, I imagine.

If you have soldered before and have the patience to diy it (98% of the time will be removing the various trim bits to get to the back of the buttons) then a spare switch sourced from Maplin or eBay/Amazon would be £2-3!

Chris

FWIW, I would never have an address in my Satnav as "home", whether it's to be used by voice command or button press. Unless of course you put another address as home, say in the same town. Why? If the car gets nicked, away from home, all the thief has to do is dial in 'home', and go straight to possibly an empty house. Neighbours won't be concerned, as the home owner's car is there..

A bit convoluted, maybe, but why risk it?

Spot on Baxlin, this is much more of an issue if your keys are nicked, most owners (including me!) have their house keys on the same key ring.... I haven't bothered setting home on my sat nav as it's quite out of date now so don't use it much at all - if I did, then it'd be set to a false address a few roads away from home...!

I have home set as my post code. That way a thief could only navigate to my estate.

A thing that bugs me with the satnav offer to re route for traffic is that no matter how many times I tell it 'No' it keeps comming back and asking again.

Having just returned from a trip to Spain with quite a few issues with the sanav directions I will update the maps when the latest are available. anyone know when 2016\17 is released? As my system is HD based I suppose the only option to upgrade is a dealer visit?

Hi Mick,

Usually the updates for the HD based units are done using a USB memory stick to copy the latest update files over.

There are various places that will sell you the software, but where you plug the memory stick in, I have no idea!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links