Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Chaps,

Done the 6 monthly egr clean over the weekend, unfortunately I still have vsc lights on, or rather only when up to temp I still have them on. it drives perfectly until the temp come up to normal, soon as we get there, on come the lights along with limp mode. As soon as the temp drops a little, limp mode disappears although vsc is still on, then as soon as the temp come up again, vsc comes back on.

Any ideas ? cos I've exhausted mine.

Had it cleaned at cost of 400 including pick@ drop off as Im in London garage in Birmingham called car surgeon if take there 300.r u near Birmingham???? Last week used wynes dpf cleaner and it cleared it, think ur is severely blocked need it cleaned chemically replacement too expensive and I'm gonna sell it get is250, is ur driving mainly local every 2000miles use dpf cleaner hope this will help

I'm a lot closer than you ,but would still have the coll/drop off as I don't get a lot of time spare. is that inc or plus vat? either way still better than fitting a new one ( even aftermarket ) @ £600. just for the part.

I've said this in previous posts many times, You need to invest in a cheap Bluetooth obd2 adapter from eBay £7.00 and a phone app called Torque Pro which cost's £2.95 off Apple/Google store depending which smart phone you have. All in all £10, Its a good investment. This will give you the ability to read codes, clear faults ie VSC, EML etc.. the best part is you can pin point the area of trouble.

Regards

I know what the trouble is, an obd reader won't cure the problem of a blocked dpf.

Preventive measure i was refering to steve.

There are people who simply ignore the initial dreaded VSC light when it comes on by removing the Battery terminal to reset the light. This will work a few times but after a while the dpf gets blocked and car goes into limp mode. I was only pointing out that if you have the obd codes at hand, you can then address the problem properly so it doesn't reappear.

p2002 particulate trap efficiency below threshold bank 1 <--- dpf blocked or getting blocked

p0401 insufficient EGR flow <-- Egr not opening/closing correctly

My lexus IS220d (2007) has 97k on the clock, I have owned it for 2 years. Drive mix of motorway and city driving(very short journeys) now, I have only ever had the p2002 once that was over a year ago. I tend to force regenerate every 3 months and clean egr twice a year. Only last week i cleaned the egr and force regenerated the dpf 3x times within 1 hour to make sure it was nice and clean covering over 40 miles by doing so.

I can't afford to have a blocked dpf or sticky egr valve, its a nightmare when you have family travelling with you and car suddenly goes into limp mode on a motorway. So i take these preventive measures to safe gurad myself against issues like VSC, EML, limp mode.

There alot of people who hate the IS220d i was one of them but since over a year now i've become very fond of it and honestly can say i love it!! Only because i've come to understand what is required to take care of this car. Thanks to this forum and great info posted by normski2 about his is220d.

Just my 2p rant :)

Had it cleaned at cost of 400 including pick@ drop off as Im in London garage in Birmingham called car surgeon if take there 300.r u near Birmingham???? Last week used wynes dpf cleaner and it cleared it, think ur is severely blocked need it cleaned chemically replacement too expensive and I'm gonna sell it get is250, is ur driving mainly local every 2000miles use dpf cleaner hope this will help

Imran brought it back last night, cured at a cost of £309.00 for the service and another £70 for collection and delivery which I thought was a lot less than he could get away with charging considering the results . It drives better now than it did when I bought it five years ago. I should add that I thought I had got it to regenerate the last time the vsc light appeared, obviously not.

Perhaps it's time to sell it and move back to petrol power, which will mean no more lexus as I don't want an auto.

Perhaps it's time to sell it and move back to petrol power, which will mean no more lexus as I don't want an auto.

Have you tried the auto box? It is very very good. You also have the steering wheel paddles when you want to play at a bit of manual driving.

Try it....you will I hope, be very surprised. I know I was.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links