Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Central Locking System Help!

Sarosh

Hi guys,

I parked up tonight at home and noticed that when I turned off the car the central locking didn't unlock the front passenger side door. After trying to lock and unlock a few times there was so no joy.

I put my ear to the door handle and locked the car and I couldn't hear any locking mechanism engaging or disengaging.

Am I right in thinking its just that doors locking mechanism which is screwed?

ALSO, I've had the car since July from a Lexus dealer, so would this come under its warranty as its something that's just come out of the blue?

Your help is much appreciated guys!

If they're nice chaps at your Lexus dealer they'll fix it for nowt. If they are a tad less nice but very commercial and your 3 months warranty is up along with your 3 years manufacturers warranty then you will have to pay. My advice would be to try it for size. Maybe they'll be nice? I can't see that the old fair wear and tear clause would be invoked in this instance since there are now cars running around which are decades old and have central locking which has never so much as been looked at!

If you purchased from a Lexus dealer then you should have 12 months warranty. This would certainly be covered under that warranty, but remember if you cannot get it to misbehave then the dealer is unlikely to either so you may be wasting your time booking it in. But worth speaking to them to see what they suggest as the next step.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same intermittent problem. Sometimes the drivers door opens the passenger door, other times it doesn't. It came with the 12 month warranty, so I'll get the dealer to check it out when it has to go for MOT in January.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links