Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yep it's that old topic again. (Cd error) and not ejecting etc. I've checked it out on here, Googled it, and looked on YouTube to the point where I figured "it don't work so I can't break it". Anyway I removed the whole unit and found a way of getting the cd's out by removing the front where the cd's are inserted and unscrewed the metal front to get access to the stuck cd's. I was then able to lift each cd individually and remove them. I was starting to put it back together when the electrical strip/band ( don't know what the technical term for this part is) between the unit and the cd facia came off. I didn't have my glasses with me and as the dark was fast approaching I put it all back together again. Everything still works ok but I couldn't test the cd player because of the unattached strip. The question is this...where the hell does it go? All help appreciated here guys, thanks. Pics would be great too.

Hi thanks for the offer of help. However, I had a go again today and unscrewed the pcb on the back of the fascia and found where the strip (I'm reliably told is called a "ribbon") goes. Now after having tried inserting the ribbon into the slot either way and putting it all back together and cd in hand pressing the load button ....nothing! I'm tempted to buy a replacement off of eBay from Lithuania. What's stopping me at the moment is I'm not sure if it is a match

post-52474-0-11349600-1447277409_thumb.p

A replacement unit could be the easiest way out of your predicament; there is no reason why it should not be compatible if everything looks the same.

Is there any sound from the loading motor? If so, then it could be a failed belt, split worm gear, etc.

I can't be more specific without detailed photos, I'm afraid.

I think there is a possibility that the ribbon may be damaged. I am going to remove it all again and let one of our engineers at work take a look at it. Oh and at the moment I'm all in favour of the "giving it a whack" technique.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links