Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not A Happy Bunny!

Went to pick my car up from the local dealer who was carrying out some warrenty work on it. Was told it had all been done.

When arrived, walked past my car, to see the rear brake discs had not been changed as promised!!

Went in to speak to service woman (who was very apologetic etc). She went through all that had been done. I enquired about the Battery which was supposed to be changed. Answer - it should have been as its down on the invoice!

Well I can say - no it hasn't been changed.

Also, I have had a look at the rear wheels to see if they look like they have been off - Nope, doen't look like it! No finger marks in the brake dust on the nuts, not marks on the rear hubs of the disc where they would have been removed.

So, unless someone is very clean and careful (yeah right!) I don't think they have done hardly anything!

This is not really the sort of service I expected, as the garage has always been spot on in the past. I am waiting for a call to see what is happening (supposed to be first thing!).

Dealer review shall be posted when its all sorted.

Well, what do you know - just as you post, the phone rings!!

Discs and Battery were not changed. Wheel bearing apparently was! Theres nothing I can do to prove this really - so I shall take their word on that one. If on the next service they pull it up, then I have some come back I guess!

Anyway, as a form of compensation, the garage will give my car its first MOT for me for free.

Such is live I guess. Ta Beth (at dealer) for your help on this matter.

Car is now booked in next thursday for the work to be done - wonder if they will upgrade the courtesy car like Edinburgh? Reading - you listening??

Didn't really give one as such, just said it was a mix up or something similar, apologied, then rebooked in.

Yep it is Reading, who I have always been very happy with. This is who I get the services done by etc, so I am hoping that it all gets sorted out ok next week when it goes back in again!

What annoys me more, is that I have to take time out of work etc to drop it off and pick it up, plus the cost to me in petrol each time!

I know they do sometimes do a pickup service, but I would rather drive it there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links