Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen Demister Button Flashing

Hi there,

When I start my car (2007 IS 220D) the light on the windscreen demister button flashes for about 30 seconds and no other AC button works. All seems ok once the flashing has stopped. Can any one tell what the problem may be? It was fine until about a week ago.

Thanks

As well as the above,

Also,

Have a look in your glovebox. Check there is nothing like a CD case that has popped up the cabin filter cover and jammed the upper casing of the cabin filter. Sounds daft but it has happened.

If you know how to do it ( if not there is doubtless something on Youtube)....remove that cover piece. Put the a/c into recirculate and turn ignition off. The lid over the filter should be in the up position...ie so you can get at it and change it. If its not then you may have a lever selector problem for the a/c. I do remember this being mentioned about 4 years ago, when I had a 220d. I'm not saying it is definitely this but its worth checking out. It could be that a previous repair has come unstuck?

I know this symptom has come up in the past. Hopefully someone with a 220d will be along to chip in soon.

Thanks both. I recently had it serviced. It was a small service so don't think the pollen filter was changed. Always have loads of CD's in the glove box so will check that out over the weekend.

Update:

Due to a lack of patience I couldn't wait till the weekend so popped out during my lunch break. Tidied up the CD's (one which looks like you Normski!) poked about a bit with my finger and made sure the top shelf was empty and the problem has gone! What a weird design feature!

Thanks again for your help. Had problems with the AC unit on a Volvo once which had a quoted repair bill of £2,000 and was fearing the worst.

Yes, £2,000. It needed the whole AC/Infotainment unit replaced. I have the sat nav and stuff in mine so though 'here we go again'!

Few hundred??? Will buy you a pint of Taylors Landlord when next up your neck of the woods. :-)

Really do appreciate the advice.

Thanks.

Team effort I believe.

I recall the AC flap info because Johnatg posted it on a recent thread days before I was going to change mine, good job he did otherwise I may have broken the mechanism.

Yep, make a note of the procedure for changing the cabin filter.

You can get one for as little as £6...but cost yourself a grand in breakages afterwards!!!!

Do mine every year and put a sticky on the cover flap for all to see (at the garage)

normski2, you are a star, spot on.

Infact i havnt changed the cabin filter in my almost 1.5 yr of ownership, so i guess i should change too.

have been feeling the AC a bit rotten lately and i dont use "recirculate" mode much.

just one question, where can i buy the cabin filter ? eBay?

thanks

Yep you can get them on eBay... Or Eurocarparts.

I usually get a cabin filter and an air filter at the same time.

I disagree with the Lexus schedule that says they only change the air filter every 35,000 miles. They don't even look at it outside of those periods .... nuts!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links