Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Troubleshoot

Hello everyone

It's been a couple of weeks since I've used my IS300H and today when I went to run some errands I noticed the sat nav failed to pick up a GPS signal, spent an hour driving around the city with no pick up, any idea why this might be? Bit worried at the total failure to pick up a signal, is the fact it wasn't used for a couple of weeks an issue? Any troubleshooting tips?

I had a chance to switch it off and briefly had it on this morning, will be making a journey this evening but when I checked today the GPS sign still had a line through it. Don't know if it'll need like a couple hour run to pick things up again? I manually calibrated it's position to outside my house again but still waiting for things to track. Wondering if there's a way to boot it up again or something.

In GS you can reset the navi system pressing ON knob for some seconds, I don't know if it's the same for IS; if nothing happens may be there is a problem in GPS antenna , like a disconnected plug.

Manually set position today, driven twice and still no GPS picking up. Strange!

Did you try holding down the power button for a couple of seconds to reboot the unit?

The power button as in the ignition? I did not know that was a thing! Might try that tomorrow.

No the volume button on the right hand side of the infotainment unit, but TBH if you've already had the dealer look at it I'm sure they will have tried it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links