Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2000 Ls400 - Not Starting

Calster17

Hello.

What I though would be a simple job of replacing the sidelight bulbs has turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Long story short, but I removed the Battery to give me more access to the light N/S sidelight bulb. then hooked it back once I'd fitted them.

Checked the new bulbs (much brighter) and everything seemed fine. So went inside and though nothing of it.

Half a hour ago I was away to head to pick up a friend, start the car and it just keep's turning. Tried it again and same thing. Check the Battery terminals to see there tight (which they were). Car opened fine, aerial went up as normal, screen came on and all the lights, etc are just as bright as normal. So I'd rule out a flat battery(It's also just a year old). Tried a 3rd time and it threw up a VSC fault on the dash.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Been reading and it does seem to be 90% likely it is the immobilizer has kicked in.

Have read several ways to reset it but haven't tried any as of yet due to the time of day (most says I have to put the key in the door at some point, which set's the alarm off on my car. The neighbor's would love me even more if I did that at this hour).

Is there a definite way to do it for the later model LS's?

Also, if for whatever reason one of these resets failed to work, I'm guessing the next step would be to call Lexus and see what they say/can do?

Hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow, otherwise i'll need to find a push bike for work next week!

Edit:

Crisis averted. :)

I'm friends with the last owner and said to him the problem. He laughed and told me what to do as he had the same problem when he fitted the new Battery this time last year. :)

Was the put the key in the ignition and turn 2 clicks, wait 5 minutes(Dont open any doors) then take the key out. Started no problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think the answer is

Put the key in the ignition and turn 2 clicks, wait five minutes (Don't open any doors - so probably sit there for the five minutes with the doors closed),then take the key out.

I could be wrong though :hohoho:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links