Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Frequent Topping Up Of Reservoir Tank - 2001 Rx300

Car is running fine, temp gauge at midway as always etc BUT having to top up the reservoir tank about twice a week now. Car has 120k on it, no obvious leaks or drips, though difficult to tell with air con condensate under car most times.

No overheating issue or white goo on oil cap. Fluid drop is from F to L over about 300 miles.

Where to start?!

Advice please - treat me gently - I'm not a mechanic!

I suspect a leaking water pump gasket, unless you have had any work done to the engine and air bubbles are 'burping' out drawing coolant in?

What miles do you have on her and when was the cam belt last changed?

PS - keep doing the top ups! Hopefully with Toyota pre-mixed RED coolant!

Ta,

Chris

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Sorry just saw the miles... Cam belt should have been done at 10yr or 100k Mark, if you had the cam belt changed in your ownership, did they change the water pump as well? Again if the belt was changed in your ownership would you say the leak has appeared since then?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links