Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What is diffrent on shocks.

HI

Does anyone knows what is diffrent on shocks from 1990 to 2000.

if i buy from Arnott coilover is same from 1990 2000, but if i look

for shocks they are diffrent, can anyone help me to sort it out.

Gunnar

Sweden

Gunnar, if possible cost-wise, it is always best to buy original Lexus shock absorbers. Coilovers and generic shocks will change the ride. To find part numbers go to the 'Lexus of South Atlanta' site. They have loads of diagrams there for all LS years with all the part numbers too. (I'm not saying buy from them, just use the data). When you eventually fit your shocks, make sure the coil spring holding nut (one) is not too tight. Torque to 28Nm only, otherwise your smooth ride is compromised. Hope this helps.

HI

Thanks for all info, what i mean is if how shocks will fit on diffrent year if it is same construction

on shocks and spring and upper fastener.

If i cant find Bilstein, i buy Boge or Sachs.

Gunnar

I got bilstein b6 sport dampers. They transform the handling. It depends what you want from the car. 

If you want the OE handing then obviously use the lexus dampers. 

I see huge potential in the car for what I want it for (all round sportier car) 

The bilsteins also mount the stock spring slightly lower down the body lowering the ride height by about 1 5mm

Not the cheapest damper but one of the best engineered. 

On 30/01/2016 at 8:56 PM, steve20vt said:

I got bilstein b6 sport dampers. They transform the handling. It depends what you want from the car. 

If you want the OE handing then obviously use the lexus dampers. 

I see huge potential in the car for what I want it for (all round sportier car) 

The bilsteins also mount the stock spring slightly lower down the body lowering the ride height by about 1 5mm

Not the cheapest damper but one of the best engineered. 

Steve, 

Did the Bilsteins lower the ride height? I can get Bilsteins through my motorsport contacts significantly cheaper than OEM parts, but I don't want the lowered ride height. 

I've called my Bilstein supplier, but he is unsure if they drop the ride height, as he doesn't know what the extension of an OEM shock is. 

Cheers, 

Jacques

Hi

As i understand Bilsteins stock spring is removeable, us i understand. I have air on my 89 so i cant look after measure on shock.

My air is worn out, so i must change to spring. If anyone have contacts on new Bilstein i want to buy if possible.

I think there is many LS with worn out shocks out there, my LS has 11000 miles and Air is total worn out, but rubber is OK.

New air is not to think of, around 3.500 euro for dampers.

Thanks for all info, maybe we can sort this out.

Beat Regards

Gunnar

Sweden

I like to buck the trend. I'll be honest,  I bought by LS purely to break it and put the legendary 1uz in something small and light. 

But as the Mrs and I drove it around we liked it more and more and i didn't have the heart to remove it's heart. So I decided to make it less waft and more sport. 

Until the prices of the ISF come down anyway. 

Hi

I have check up artnumber on Bilstein

This number is for 1990-1994

Front 24-017831-z128a00

Rear 24-017848-z129a00

This is for 1995-2000

Front 24-027342

Rear 24-027359

Does anyone know what is differens on these, they look exatly the same.

Best regards

Gunnar

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links