Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is "17.5" What Is Meant By "17" inch wheels?

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

From what I under stand Denis you have a 1995 model year LS400 but it is fitted with the later type 5 spoke wheels shown in your video, if that is correct then the link you posted and is reposted below has the correct wheel to match those already on your car.

http://www.dewsburyautosalvage.com/cars-for-breaking/lexus/lexus-ls400-4200-1991-black-manual-petrol-4-door.html

What has happened to your wheel arch, never seem one so rusty?

Thanks, I thought that looking at it so i emailed them, dodgy buisness choosing a spare wheel...

Its a 1991, thats not to early is it?

.I find that car a bit confusing though, it states its manual, didnt know they ever made a manual 400, it also says '4200', maybe they dont know the cc & put that down instead....yep confusing as hell

2 hours ago, dendonc said:

What made folks think mine was MK1V?

Nobody said your car was MKIV, though the scrapper you linked to is, but your wheels, as shown on your youtube clip, are MKIV.

4 hours ago, steve2006 said:

What has happened to your wheel arch, never seem one so rusty?

That was curtesy of a lorry on a giratory, these folks come into london and as soon as they get in the thick of it they don't cope well, - week-ends can be real dodgy, full of people come to shop in Oxford st or a westfield, along with hoards m/bikers, why they come i have no idea.

That rust in the photo of the wheel is interesting. If an LS 400 is going to rust anywhere that's the first place you will find it and with the worst amount. On my mk4 (same car), I discovered some hidden underlying rust and bubbling paint all along that same area shown in the photo, but only on the driver's side. It's clean as a whistle on the opposite wheelarch and everywhere else though. Factory oversight?

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

the wheel at the link is from a '94 but the spokes are completly different to mine, does anyone know if the wheel would fit though?

photo

http://ebay.eu/1QedMpJ

Your wheels are 16 inch, the linked wheel is 15 inch, it may physically fit your car, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd wait for a definite match, there will certainly be one along soon on eBay.

7 minutes ago, mikeyv said:

Your wheels are 16 inch, the linked wheel is 15 inch, it may physically fit your car, but I'm not sure.

Personally, I'd wait for a definite match, there will certainly be one along soon on ebay.

OK thanks, another question, is the 16 number on the tyres what defines the wheel size? thanks

25 minutes ago, dendonc said:

OK thanks, another question, is the 16 number on the tyres what defines the wheel size? thanks

The wheel will be marked on the back somewhere too, but yes, if the tyre is 16 inch, then so is the wheel.

The picture on that eBay listing is rubbish, so tyre markings illegible, but the size is mentioned, along with the bit about having a puncture repair.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links