Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS220D - Stage one remap now possible

Hi All,

just to let you know, they cracked the Denso ECU on D4D engines, and stage 1 remaps are now possible.

They can also disable the EGR valve, and DPF filter check through the ECU.

I'm having mine done as I'm writing this, 

The guy told me I should be able to get around 210bhp/450Nm out of the engine now. 0-60 around 7s.

Will confirm the figure once it's all done.

Chris

With all the reported problems with this engine is it a wise move to put any further strain on it by remapping?

Having said that I spoke to an IS220d owner today with a 57 plate one previous owner car, 123,000 miles and never had a problem with it.

Avon Tuning in Bristol.

I did a quick search and found at least 10 different companies in the UK doing remap for the 220D as well.

The ECU's been cracked Q3 of last year.

I'm guessing they're also working on the 250 ECU crack as they're by far more popular.

so results are in, they uploaded mine with a standard map they got from the cracking company, and there's definitely a difference. Turbo lag is virtually non existent, and it seems to really pull now. He's also disabled the EGR, so it'll hopefully fix the head gasket issue before it appears.

I'll be getting it dyno'd sometime this month, but the guy that did the mod in December last year got 207bhp and 450 Nm out of a 100k mile one. (Dyno tested).

Much as I love hearing about reduced turbo lag, a before and after dyno map would be excellent.  I assume you can only now provide an after map, but there must be a diagram of the standard setup somewhere?  Even taking into account individual car variations, it should still be a representative indication of any gains after the mapping is done.

21 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Much as I love hearing about reduced turbo lag, a before and after dyno map would be excellent.  I assume you can only now provide an after map, but there must be a diagram of the standard setup somewhere?  Even taking into account individual car variations, it should still be a representative indication of any gains after the mapping is done.

This isn't mine, but mine's got the same map. (see attachment)

50 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

With all the reported problems with this engine is it a wise move to put any further strain on it by remapping?

Having said that I spoke to an IS220d owner today with a 57 plate one previous owner car, 123,000 miles and never had a problem with it.

Mine's got 200k on the clock, never had a problem.

The only thing I did to it was the shock absorber upgrade to Koni FSD (at 160k miles, the factory ones were way overdue a replacement).

I think the upgrade makes sense, it's only £350 for ECU reflash + the EGR disable, and the EGR is pretty much the source of most problems with the car.

With a remap the inappropriate gearing issue disappears, power is brought in line with the petrol, and once EGR is removed from the equation, the car should last as well.

IMG_7154.jpg

Nice.  Interestingly, the car this was taken from had almost 310ft/lbs of torque, whereas I thought as standard it was supposed to be 295?

Either way, it is a very good result from the remap.  The smoothing out of the dip just past 1500rpm is what impresses me most.

Thanks for posting the photo.  I look forward to seeing how yours does on the dyno, especially considering how many miles your car has done.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links