Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Screen washer reservoir leaking

I've noticed a leak on the near side front corner of my car, it looks and tastes like screen wash! I have been filling the reservoir much more frequently over the last 3 months so by process of elimination I've found the problem. Anyone had this problem before? Apart from a seized front calliper three years ago and this leak the car has been faultless. It sailed through its mot last week with 90k under its belt.

I hope it's an easy fix.

• Like 1

Just a thought.

is the vertical connector pipe located correctly? Maybe it was removed for a bulb change?

have you been overfilling the reservoir ... ie so much that liquid is visible in this vertical pipe? The way it connects makes it not a particularly water tight connection and I'm thinking liquid is likely to leak from around this joint until the level drops sufficiently.

As I say ... Just a thought.

One some previous Toyota I had. .. the leak was from the rubber o ring/seal/boot between the reservoir and the washer motor. easy fix if you can get the correct boot/o ring. I got away with silicone sealant for a while till I found the part. If it's the reservoir then I guess use from ardalite inside and out. but there might be better products to deal with reservoir leak.

Could.be. a simple pipe leak.

How difficult is it to pull out the reservoir ?

Too cold for me to mess around and I'm booked in for a service next week at my trusted garage so I will let them have a look. Probably a seal as it's a slow leak.

Thanks for your thoughts, hopefully I'll let you know what the problem is was next week.

Car has been in for a service full service today, usual oil and filter, brake fluid, rear diff oil changes and a clean and grease of the sliding calliper pins. The leak is the screen washer pump, £86 plus labour and all should be well after its next trip to the May Lane garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaking screen reservoir sorted by fitting a new pump by May Lane motors for a very reasonable £125, I can recommended them, good on quality and price.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links