Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

De-badging my rear?

De-badge the RX400h rear, or not??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I have de-badged most of my cars over the years, but I can't seem to make my mind up about de-badging the rear of my RX400h.. so over to you guys :)

• Leave standard
    • Remove Lexus script on the left and RX400h script on the right

Currently sits at 5 to Leave and 0 to de-badge...  which makes the devil in me want to do it even more lol

Am thinking of trying PlastiDip on them first, to see how that looks... and if i don't like it, i can just peel it off :)

Have also been thinking about 450h black honeycombe mesh in my 400h grille, so maybe I'll try PlastiDip'ing that too first just for sh1ts and giggles

goose

7 hours ago, g00se said:

Currently sits at 5 to Leave and 0 to de-badge...  which makes the devil in me want to do it even more lol

Am thinking of trying PlastiDip on them first, to see how that looks... and if i don't like it, i can just peel it off :)

Have also been thinking about 450h black honeycombe mesh in my 400h grille, so maybe I'll try PlastiDip'ing that too first just for sh1ts and giggles

goose

What colour is the car? Plastidip only looks right on light colours IMO and it may look slightly odd as you'll be unable to plastidip the Lexus logo due to it being the hybrid version. You could of course make it uniform by debadging that and purchasing an RX300/350 one and plastidipping it.

Another option might be to take a page out of the USA Lexus vehicles. They dont come with a Lexus badge, only the model so you could just debadge the Lexus badge on the left side.

On 24/04/2016 at 2:22 PM, rayaans said:

What colour is the car? Plastidip only looks right on light colours IMO and it may look slightly odd as you'll be unable to plastidip the Lexus logo due to it being the hybrid version. You could of course make it uniform by debadging that and purchasing an RX300/350 one and plastidipping it.

Another option might be to take a page out of the USA Lexus vehicles. They dont come with a Lexus badge, only the model so you could just debadge the Lexus badge on the left side.

Car is silver. I also like cars with contrast.. figured I'd try the plastidip first, and if i still don't like it I'll de-badge :)

goose

On 24/04/2016 at 3:10 PM, Eame64 said:

De-badged mine recently and just left the 450H part on and i think it looks fine.

Will get a pic when i can.

that would be great - thanks!

the vote tally came to seven nah's and one aye....   therefore i ignored seven of you (sorry!), and did my own thing anyway :)

goose

Rear with badges.jpg

Rear without badges.jpg

5 hours ago, DanD said:

I like it.

Is that a Karman I can see in the background?

Thanks, and yes it is (well, was!!)

goose

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

Dont know. Im in 2 minds. I think it looks a little too bare.

That's a fair comment...  the way i looked at it, was that it says Lexus on the scuff plate, and on my number plate, and it has a big L on the boot..  if people don't know its a Lexus from that, then tough!

As for removing the RX400h...  again the blue L logo on the boot denotes it as a hybrid, plus it says hybrid on both the back doors, so again, tough!

But that's just me :) i prefer a clean look.

goose

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Maybe its just the number plate holder overpowering everything lol

fair comment - it does "draw the eye" a lot more on a silver car than it did on my last black car...

i think it was adding that, that then made me feel the rear was a bit cluttered, now its de-badged i don't mind that black plate holder

goose

3 hours ago, Eame64 said:

Sorry it took so long to get a picture up goose.

DSC00932.JPG

Nice - i like this a lot!

The 450 defo makes the 400 look a bubble-but!!

goose

• Like 1

I always debadge my cars... only ever keep the Logos front and rear... all other badges on any car gets removed.

Just looks so much "smoother and cleaner"..

Here's my RX.

Screen Shot 2016-05-08 at 1.38.32 PM.jpg

On 5/8/2016 at 5:09 PM, Eame64 said:

Great looking RX, i wish Lexus would make the exhausts visible on all the RX models it looks so much nicer.

Thanks mate. Yeah they look great don't they.

Car looks even better now I've had the paint protection done, very glossy and mirror finish.

I have always used dental floss tape and worked it across gently.Then use a hair dryer to heat the glue so you can peel it off.You will need to be patient though.

After that just polish and wax.

On 14/05/2016 at 11:25 AM, Eame64 said:

I have always used dental floss tape and worked it across gently.Then use a hair dryer to heat the glue so you can peel it off.You will need to be patient though.

After that just polish and wax.

ditto the above.

i try to heat the badge and glue first with the hair dryer, and then use the floss..  that way it takes most of it off on the first attempt.

Then a bit off Auto Glymm Intensive tar and bug remover to get rid of the sticky mess, and wax.

goose

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links