Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Finally after 1.5 month of search, I got myself a good IS250 SEL ...

Does anybody know, where I could get OEM parts for the car, except Lexus Dealers and e-bay?Any trusted part supplier for Japs and Lexus?

Thanks in advance

Slow down.  Tell us more of this car you bought first. :smile:

From what I have seen, OEM parts are hard to come by since it seems Lexus doesn't like sharing the patterns.  I suppose it depends on what it is, since things like oil and air filter are just rebranded, so they are easier to find.

Hi

Engine and filters are sorted already...including cabin filter...

Now Im up to transmission oli and stainer change...Found parts in US...not too much in UK and EU though...

57 plate, 70k...Dark blue with cream leather...SEL...so all the toys present:)

Nice.

Is that Windsor Blue?  If so, then yours is the same exterior and interior colour as mine, as well as the same spec :smile:

Gonna need some pictures to confirm though :smile:

As for the parts you are after, have you tried the dealer? I found them surprisingly cheap when I got some service parts from them.

9 minutes ago, Robag said:

57 plate, 70k...Dark blue with cream leather...SEL...so all the toys present:)

ditto - except on an 07 plate and 80K

:yes:

• Like 1

yes, the same colour...

I bought all the parts from Official dealer....except the engine oil...they were not expensive...but the rest is too much for my pocket...

Lexus quoted me £670 for transmission oil change....so...

Seems to be a popular combination :smile:

Only seen one other around here, and have a photo somewhere.

Mine is a bit more used though, since it is an 08 plate with 117,000 miles.  And is a diesel of course.

I seem to recall there was a long discussion about changing the transmission oil, have you done a search of the forums?

here it is

Hi bobmc

Yes I read plenty of info about A960E transmission...for me its not a question change it or not...If U changing the oil in your engine, so why U hate your gearbox?

The truth is its not a easy DIY job...it requires some knowledge, tools, spare parts,12 liter of genuine ATF WS, good mechanic and balls:))))))..... 

U will ask why on earth I will need 12l of oil?That is the answer of the question....Its a adaptive transmission...so if you will simply drain out the old and fill up a new oil...start the engine...the peruse of new, fresh oil will destroy your gearbox....

Found the picture.

Mine is the one on the right.  Not quite as good a shape as the other one.  Both 08 models in SEL spec with Nav fitted.  Only difference was that it was a 250 Auto.

20160313_152532.jpg

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Found the picture.

Mine is the one on the right.  Not quite as good a shape as the other one.  Both 08 models in SEL spec with Nav fitted.  Only difference was that it was a 250 Auto.

20160313_152532.jpg

Car parks - full of Lexus's these days - Lol :)

3 hours ago, Robag said:

Hi bobmc

Yes I read plenty of info about A960E transmission...for me its not a question change it or not...If U changing the oil in your engine, so why U hate your gearbox?

The truth is its not a easy DIY job...it requires some knowledge, tools, spare parts,12 liter of genuine ATF WS, good mechanic and balls:))))))..... 

U will ask why on earth I will need 12l of oil?That is the answer of the question....Its a adaptive transmission...so if you will simply drain out the old and fill up a new oil...start the engine...the peruse of new, fresh oil will destroy your gearbox....

I looked into this a while ago after a fault code indicated condensation on a sensor in the box but I cleared the code down and it has not come back. Looked into changing the oil but never got a positive answer - some say it can be done, some say it cant and its apparently a DIY nightmare job. I will put mine into the dealers at 100k for the change as its not been changed as far as I know and I reckon, I know its a lifetime fill, (define lifetime) but there will be some breakdown of the oil ..surely at 100k?

Do these have adaptive resetting?

yes, its an adaptive gearbox...I read that it even adapts not only to drivers stile even to the oil itself...with time the oil quality changes...so it adapts(pressure, viscosity e t.c)

That's why when the oil been changed, U have to reset the settings of the gearbox, or U can change the oil step by step, draining it out  3-4 times..but its will come of the cost of 12-13l of ATF oil...which is £14/liter here in UK...US is much cheaper though...

I will chose the second option...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links