Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2011.. maybe SORN?

Otherwise mileage seems OK.. not much to say. Maybe second car in the household or as mentioned, maybe changes in circumstances - more traveling on public transport. Black leather is good choice.. Low miles in last 3 year might explain some negligence.. If car is not expected to be used, owner didn't want to invest too much.

Will definitely have a good look tomorrow morning. And if I get confirmation of everything being fixed prior to purchase and fixing anything that Lexus flag up - I'll put down a deposit.

I'll let you all know - Thanks for the help so far guys. 

i would look else where tbh, 2006 with that milage, a good chance you will end up putting far more money into the car than you bargaiend for and the price you are seeing it for now might just be false economy.

18 hours ago, Linas.P said:

2011.. maybe SORN?

Otherwise mileage seems OK.. not much to say. Maybe second car in the household or as mentioned, maybe changes in circumstances - more traveling on public transport. Black leather is good choice.. Low miles in last 3 year might explain some negligence.. If car is not expected to be used, owner didn't want to invest too much.

Looked spotless, exterior and interior. I could only find two scratches on the car one of which was deep but only about an inch in length on the door panel at the bottom. Interior could not find any flaws, leather did not look worn at all in fact - it looks better for a car of 100K mileage..

Only fault was that it was an SE L without the sun roof :(

Went for a test drive, seemed okay. It pulled well but not very fast in my opinion. The car pulled to the left slightly which he said will be sorted (wheel alignment done).

Was also very clear that all advisories get fixed if not already addressed by the mechanic. I'll also be taking a mechanic with me on collection day prior to making the rest of the payment in addition to the Lexus dealership for the fuel sensor and airbag recalls straight after. 

Hopefully everything gets sorted fast and nothing else crops up! Planning to pick up sometime in July!

• Like 1

Black interior wear very well (or rather doesn't wear) definitely the choice for used car. SEL is what you want, thought "moonroof" ( as called by Lexus) was very rare option in UK. My IS250 F-Sport had it and I loved it, I would take moonroof any day versus sat-nav (which I found rather useless, even with reverse camera), even though some say it is useless because of climate control. When I got my current car there were no single one on the market with moonroof for reasonable price. I remember there was one in white for +£6000 and 4 month older than mine, though lower miles. 

Don't know the price so it is hard to say if it is good buy or not, but it sounds like the car you will enjoy..

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Black interior wear very well (or rather doesn't wear) definitely the choice for used car. SEL is what you want, thought "moonroof" ( as called by Lexus) was very rare option in UK. My IS250 F-Sport had it and I loved it, I would take moonroof any day versus sat-nav (which I found rather useless, even with reverse camera), even though some say it is useless because of climate control. When I got my current car there were no single one on the market with moonroof for reasonable price. I remember there was one in white for +£6000 and 4 month older than mine, though lower miles. 

Don't know the price so it is hard to say if it is good buy or not, but it sounds like the car you will enjoy..

4250 + servicing + any repairs required to be carried out + 3 months warranty

You mean £4250 including servicing/repairs and warranty? Sounds about right considering age and miles, but not a bargain. I am sure it is possible to find one with FSH and maybe few more miles, the questions is if you find the colour and trim option you want?

If you still have some time, you can always go to nearest Lexus and ask them for test drive used-approved car. And you will have excellent idea of how car should drive.

Don't take IS250 F-Sport... as F-Sport has firmer ride, more accurate steering and less roll and therefore feels faster. Generally, post face lift cars are a bit more responsive, so you best bet to compare is SE-L up to mid 2009.

27 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

You mean £4250 including servicing/repairs and warranty? Sounds about right considering age and miles, but not a bargain. I am sure it is possible to find one with FSH and maybe few more miles, the questions is if you find the colour and trim option you want?

If you still have some time, you can always go to nearest Lexus and ask them for test drive used-approved car. And you will have excellent idea of how car should drive.

Don't take IS250 F-Sport... as F-Sport has firmer ride, more accurate steering and less roll and therefore feels faster. Generally, post face lift cars are a bit more responsive, so you best bet to compare is SE-L up to mid 2009.

No it includes a free servicing and any repairs that need to be carried out then free of charge - thats just a one time thing. The warranty I may extend, not sure yet depends on how much it is. 

I did find a 2005 75K SE L for 4500 but had no Satnav/ML system. 

Its probably not a bargain but I think I got a fairly good deal. I've been monitoring the prices of the car for around 2 months now checking all the sites. The standard SEL models without the satnav/ML are quite a bit cheaper than without however finding an SEL with everything and below 100K with a good condition interior/exterior was almost impossible. I don't think I came across a single one under 6000.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links