Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help

LennyLexus

Hi All,

Lex was serviced last saturday, Dealer told me that my front tyres are wearing, and I need wheel alignment, they said its an hours labour :blink:

So today i ring around to get the best quote for wheel alignment, most were around 20-25 quid, the best I found was £15!! So I went down there, guy had a look and then said, the tyres arent legit... and the alignment was out very little. The problem may be the canver?! For starters I have never even heard of this and dont know what it is :lol: anyways, he said its probably caused by dodgy suspension, and he cant sort it out for me and there are very few people who have the equipment and can do it properely. :duh: He's recommended a place to me and said they will charge around £23 for a check/print out.

Can any make more sense of this? and is this covered under the warranty? The lex was brought from Bristol in september, I've done 10'000 miles since and I am not happy that this has happened :angry::angry::angry:

Ok, I've rang around, most places say its a main dealer job. One place said that they can do it for £23.50 per side....

Does anyone know if this is covered under warranty? i'm still to try the place the original guy recommended. He said 'few people have the machines and fewer know how to use them properly.

Arite, i've got something sorted now... well saturday hopefully.

The recommended place said they will do the camber adjustment and then realign the wheels for £35.50 plus the dreaded VAT. £41.71...

You should definitely go for full 4 wheel alignment - and get it done properly at Lexus where they have the right equipment and the right reference data.

I had my tracking adjusted by the dealer I bought my GS300 from and it helped somewhat, but today I had the full 4 wheel alignment done at Lexus Cambridge at a fixed list price of £99.88 - it took them 2.5 hours as mine were way out... I got a full report where I can see what was wrong and how it has been adjusted back within the reference values.

Not worth saving the money and get it done at a dodgy place, just to have to get it done properly afterwards... There are BTW several threads on this forum about this. See also my recently posted link to an article describing the technicalities of wheel alignment (click here)

I had my tracking adjusted by the dealer I bought my GS300 from and it helped somewhat, but today I had the full 4 wheel alignment done at Lexus Cambridge at a fixed list price of £99.88

Ouch! Go Gold.

Had mine done at Lexus Cambridge a month ago for somewhat less than that!

Would have paid for Gold membership, if that's a clue how much less...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links