Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220 new owner with issues

Temp gauge is just below half, all pipes are got except the out feed from the bulk head, and air coming out of the centre inside are all cold even with heaters set at full and hi, and tried in all variations with no difference in temp.

1 minute ago, Aroper2003 said:

Temp gauge is just below half, all pipes are got except the out feed from the bulk head, and air coming out of the centre inside are all cold even with heaters set at full and hi, and tried in all variations with no difference in temp.

Well them boxes i just posted up may have some thing to do with it? Im trying to find exactly would there function is.

8 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

Looks like this is what drives the direction of the air to the vents, and whether it's hold and cold. I shall investigate this part as well as reading it appears it's visible when they're not working correctly.

Cheers

7 minutes ago, Aroper2003 said:

No, I haven't had the stereo out. 

If you do hear or see anything about the heaters not working in the mean time I would be grateful.

Thank for the help so far.

This guys heating did not work on a vw group car. He goes in depth why he had no heat, im not saying cut the car up just look at why it did not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYD4jmUdis

No im not saying you have. But if youve had no heat since buying the car there is a reason for it.

I don't think it is the thermostat personally.  If it was stuck closed, the engine temperature would be affected.

That, along with the fact you have just drained the system, suggest to me that it is an airlock in the matrix.

If you squeeze the radiator hoses, does the fluid level go down?

15 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

I don't think it is the thermostat personally.  If it was stuck closed, the engine temperature would be affected.

That, along with the fact you have just drained the system, suggest to me that it is an airlock in the matrix.

If you squeeze the radiator hoses, does the fluid level go down?

I agree, the water is getting pumped around the engine system and I presume coming through the thermostat to heat the infeed to the heater matrix, it's just not coming back out ( unless I've got the system of water flow wrong)

If I squeeze the hose the water goes up and down with the pressure as I'd expect. 

1 minute ago, madasahatter said:

And if the stats stuck open water will not get to the right temperture.

I agree, but the water is getting up to the right temperature, as the temp gauge is in the right place and it certainly will be hot after being running for an hour.

1 minute ago, madasahatter said:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links