Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today a woke to find I had a flat...

thar

...no problem I thought. Just remove the wheel and fit the Prius space saver I'd already got for this eventuality. Not so easy.

First of all, the wheel was stuck on. I removed all the nuts and it wouldn't budge. I yanked and yanked at it but it wouldn't move. So, (bearing in mind I'm a lady and don't have a garage full of tools), I called Lexus assistance. No problem they said, someone will be with you within an hour. Sure enough, an AA man turned up within the hour. He said the wheel had seized, it was quite common, and used a lump hammer with a soft end to whack the back of the alloy, which finally came free. He kindly fitted my Prius space saver and off he went.

OK I thought, I'll just ring Lexus to see if they could repair it. They told me to take it down later this afternoon. So I set off for work with the space saver. I didn't get very far though. As soon as I set off, I noticed a noise coming from the wheel like something was catching, I took the space saver off and found the inside of the wheel was rubbing against the brake calliper, not good.

So I had no option but to fit the punctured tyre and wheel back on the car and pray that I could get enough air in it to make it to the garage.

I eventually got the tyre fixed by Lexus at a cost of £15, but they washed and vacuumed the car for me too.

So it appears although the Prius (2010) spare is supposed to fit the CT, I'd got the info from http://www.wheelfitment.eu/car/Lexus/CT200h%20(2011%20-%20).html in reality, it doesn't. So I'm back with the goo until I can source a Lexus space saver at a reasonable price.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Strange about the space saver, are all the Prius ones 16" or maybe it's only the pre 2009 ones that fit? I have been looking for one from a Prius but might try and find a 17" Lexus space saver now.

I was a bit disappointed that it didn't fit to be honest after I'd researched that it would and sourced a good quality one quite cheaply. There could be a slight difference between the pre and post 2010 I suppose. Don't want to take any chances next time, will have to be one specifically for the car. The Prius one is on eBay, hoping one of the local taxis might need a spare.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, thar said:

I was a bit disappointed that it didn't fit to be honest after I'd researched that it would and sourced a good quality one quite cheaply. There could be a slight difference between the pre and post 2010 I suppose. Don't want to take any chances next time, will have to be one specifically for the car. The Prius one is on eBay, hoping one of the local taxis might need a spare.

I've noticed the pre and post 2010 Prius have different tyre sizes on the space savers so maybe that's why. Or assuming you bought it from eBay it wasn't originally from a Prius and was for an Avensis or Celica. Maybe the calipers on the CT and Prius are larger, which is why it was catching.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I woke to find I had a flat... seriously, I did, another in the same month. A great screw stuck sideways in the outer edge of the tyre, no patching up this time, new tyre needed. My mates are asking if I've upset anyone.

This time it was that badly damaged that I couldn't inflate it long enough to get to the nearest tyre fitters and I haven't had time to get a space saver. A good friend helped me out and gave me a lift to work and took the wheel to Lexus. I now have 3 Yokohama's and 1 Bridgestone, ah well.

Did I mention I get a lot of punctures?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links