Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Returned to the fold and need some Wheel size help please :)

Hey everyone, as the title says i have once again returned to the fold with my forth Lexus :) . I bought a 2007 IS250 SE-L about  6 months ago and i'm in the market for some new rims. It currently has 18's ( i think they are standard not sure though) but i want to get some new gloss black 18's . i have no idea how the whole offset thing works but i have gleaned from research that these are the standard sizes  Front 8Jx18 ET45 Rear 8.5Jx18 ET50. but i want to bring the wheels out a bit so instead of buying 5mm spacers and longer studs can i just get a different offset for the same effect and use the standard studs? If yes could someone please advise as to what size i would need ? and would this cause any problems if i get the BC coilovers i'm also planning later on? And lastly any recommendations for rims that suit the is250?  Cheers peeps :) Ahhhhh it's good to be back. 

81842201_infinity.jpg

Welcome back wheel sizes are a mindfield mate. If you plan on lowering might it be best to source the wheels after, rather than before. I believe 9.5 width 

is doable on the rears. There is a write up on the forum under modifications.

I running 19x10 on 255/35/18 and 19x8.5 on 245/35/19 and Coilovers very low not a problem  This is taken from it.

FB_IMG_1471902516425.jpg

Thanks for the reply, nice car , loving the black grille. Like i said i'm not entirely sure what it all means but i was under the impression i could just get a different offset to make the edge of the rim come out closer to the wheel arch rather than getting wider rims, i may be completely wrong though ??  I don't really want to change the width from standard as i've just put new Eagle F1's all round and they will be going on the new rims. 

Hi yes a fellow members car not mine. Dont know abut the sizes i run 225 / 40 /18s  &  255 / 40 / 18s on 8j rims all round team dynamics and also on goodyear f1s

all round and arches are plenty full. When you lower it it may look what you are after, failing that hubcentric wheel spacers, is what you may have to do.

Also longer studs would also be required. Possible some body who mods will be along to sort you out. I have run spacers in the past and to be honest,

more trouble than they are worth. My car is as is i quite like the way it looks standard. I would fit different suspension only because of cost of original.

That is when it fails, wheels i changed to light weight as lexus are made of terrible material. Looks like yours are the rare lexus ones look very nice to.

Indeed those are one of optional rims from Lexus. I wonder if wheel refurbishment to different colour (as you said gloss black) would be an option. So you won't loose originality and won't need to bother with offset and sizes. Not to mention the cost.

My wheels are metalic anthrasite and look very good with the silver car. I have had black wheels, and am not a lover to be honest.

But it is each to there own, i believe if you dont change to larger wheels, a darker colour would possibly benefit with lowering and car been black.

By that i mean give the impression of larger rims.

29 minutes ago, madasahatter said:

My wheels are metalic anthrasite and look very good with the silver car. I have had black wheels, and am not a lover to be honest.

Ditto.  I have the same design wheels as the OP and they look excellent in grey.  The detail of them gets lost when they're black in my opinion, but as has been said previously, horses for courses and all that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links