Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My current dilemma

So after 6 years away from Lexus I think I am about to come back to the marque. I am looking for 2-3 year old F- Sport ideally based solely on looks. What I want is the full leather with the MK sound system. I had both in my 2008 IS 220D SE-L which I loved. This spec is quite hard to come by though. As a result I am then drawn by the Premier which has the lot but does not look quite as sharp as the F-Sport.

I have also noticed that despite a price delta of £4K that the Premier commands new over the F-Sport, Premiers can be had for similar money. Does this mean the the Premier is not as popular and thus depreciates faster or am I missing something? Really not sure what to do. 

Whatever shape you go for, it will grow on you.. many years ago I wasn't quite sure about the shape of the my RX 400 but now I love it and I think it is the most Regal and elegant car and a real a presence on the road. I'm sure yours will grow on you. As for depreciation, I think the top of the range is always depreciates faster because less people can afford the top of the range, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. It means that you're getting a better equipped car than most other people in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes the F Sport holds its value better than the Premier. 

The ML sound is hard to come by as there's not much difference between the Pioneer 8 speaker system in the cars with Premium Nav. The £1000 extra cost of the ML is not worth it IMO, I wrote a thread about this a while back but I'd strongly suggest listening to an F Sport without ML and see if its good enough for you

The 6 speaker is best avoided and this is only on cars without premium nav. 

• Like 2

The ML stereo in our Premier is ok but nothing mind blowing. You really have to feed it a good quality source. DAB sounds awful on it where as Spotify using Bluetooth streaming sounds so much better. 

We went with Premier as that was the only way to get the pre-emptive braking/safety pack, which thankfully Lexus now includes as standard kit. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links