Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450h 100k service and MOT

2011 RX which we picked up three years ago with 70k on the clock at three years old with FLSH - car was company owned.

Now got 102k on the clock and passed the MOT first time at my local garage earlier in the week and booked in with Lexus Hull for the annual service yesterday. No major issues over and above regular service items aside from a slight misfire - the dealer fitted a set of new spark plugs. Have been advised the rear shocks both slightly leaking (one was picked up as advisory on MOT) - think I will get these done shortly - dealer quoting £129 each. Over and above regular wear and tear we have not had any major additional items that need replacing. These cars seem pretty robust and reliable and purpose of my post is to reassure anyone looking at high mileage Rx450s. My wife intends to keep the car for as long as possible so just mulling over whether or not the warranty is worth the £995 as they are doing that for two years cover at the moment.

I've just bought a 2013 RX450h Luxury with 55k and plan to run it for 3 years at 10k pa.

My last car was an IS250 and I opted for the extended warranty on that at £895 for 2 years (IIRC?).  Under the warranty I had 2 rear callipers, 1 headlamp assembly and a water pump replaced, all inside 15 months of ownership and under 45k miles !  Total value at Lexus prices around £1,600.

I haven't a clue about reliability on the RX, but I've opted for the warranty as it's so comprehensive it gives peace of mind.  If I have to claim, then that's fine....if I don't have to claim, that's fine too, just means I have a very reliable car.  I probably won't get burgled, but the insurance policy I have gives me peace of mind.  Don't forget you get the full AA roadside package as part of the warranty too.

Hope that helps Nick.

Thanks Steve

Yes I had the extended warranty on my Isf and it paid for itself along with the peace of mind it brings which you can't put a price on.

Likely I will go down a similar route with the RX

Nick

4 hours ago, Nick W858 said:

Thanks Steve

Yes I had the extended warranty on my Isf and it paid for itself along with the peace of mind it brings which you can't put a price on.

Likely I will go down a similar route with the RX

Nick

Ditto - no brainer for me ( and my SEL)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links