Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not Happy

Looks like picture 3 are your current measurements for camber,caster and toe Paul.

Your settings look more even then mine... But note your Camber is still in the red, outside the required limits pre-determined by the factory for the "IS".

I am not too sure why my left side is so different to the right side.

My readings are as follows for Camber

Front left Front right

-0 14 -0 51

Rear left Rear right

- 0 56 -2 11

Like i said, these are max'd out so can not be adjusted to the required range, which will mean less surface of the tire on the road and un-even tire ware.

Has anybody else got any figures ?

steve, just looking at ur readings - are u saying that on the rear left you have 0 degrees and 56 minutes BUT on the rear left you have negative 2 degrees and 11 minutes??

if so i fail to see why there is such a large difference in the settings - if you can do a setting on one side then you can do it on the other.

Just checked my front tyres (don't know why  :unsure: ) inside 15/20mm bald  :angry:

Had tracking done in March last year..............

Lexus said they'd also redone it after the prang in October last

So another £200 aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:sick: Has anybody else who hasn't had their suspension altered in any way got the same problem???? I have and I'm kinda confused as to which route to take in sorting this out :duh: MyIS is out of warranty by 7 months.. Am I going to have to pay and if so does anybody know how much???ps I've done 6,000 miles in four weeks.. That works out at fifty quid aweek :excl: Seriously not a happy bunny :crybaby:

steve, just looking at ur readings - are u saying that on the rear left you have 0 degrees and 56 minutes BUT on the rear left you have negative 2 degrees and 11 minutes??

if so i fail to see why there is such a large difference in the settings - if you can do a setting on one side then you can do it on the other.

Rob,

these are the rear settings from Left to Right, Been Max'd out and unable to get them near oneanother...

I have heard that "Elite" do sell some modified Camber bolts allowing larger adjustments but assume the Bolt hole needs to be longgated to allow for any further adjustments :unsure:

Really need help on this, as I can't be buying tyres every 2000 miles.. :ohmy:

This isn't the first time this subject has come up, and it's always the steering geometry that gets the blame. I'm not convinced.

When I first noticed excessive wear on the inside of the front tyres, I had the tracking checked by a good local tyre supplier. It was as good as it can be, he said. Then he told me that it is a common problem with cars with power steering fitted with fat and low tyres. It's too easy to turn the tyres when the car isn't moving, or when it's going too slow, and the result is wear on the inside edge. This made sense - I have to reverse into my drive and it involves a few tight turns.

Since then I make sure that the tyre is rolling as I turn and I haven't had the problem again. It may not be the answer in all cases but it worked for me. B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links