Butch

Centre handbreak cable

Hi 

I have recently had my centre handbreak cable snapped just after the lever. I have tried three different garages and none seem to be able to get the part I need. Has anyone else had this issue or know where to source the part from. 

Lexus IS200. 2000 model 2ltr. 

Hi buddy,

I'm a bit new to Lexus models but you should be able to give the part number to a Toyota/Lexus dealership parts man and they can advise on price and availability.

Does this look like the right diagram: http://japan-parts.eu/lexus/eu/2000/is200-300/gxe10r-aefvkw/3_242210_004_/powertrain-chassis/4601_parking-brake-cable

If so the part ID number is 46410 and the actual part number should be 46410-53010. 

I'm pretty sure the likes of Blueprint do non-genuine versions if you are stuck.  A local motorfactor should be able to advise on that front.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Looks correct. Thank you I will try this

Around £35.00 from Lexus dealers if not available from aftermarket sources.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fuegos
      Hi guys,
      I am after the following bits:
      - front grille with bonnet catch
      - bonnet lock
      - set of genuine lug nuts
      - front RCA
      - passenger front door in 4P2
      - bonnet in 4P2
      - front bumper in 4P2
      - fuse box cover in black - under dashboard - driver side

Thanks.
    • By sannyp
      Hello,

So I recently got into a little accident with my is200 manual and now need a new rear hub, and maybe other parts although unsure what yet. Question is will parts from a is200 auto suffice. So I wanted this post to outline the differences.
      I know the differential is different with a higher ratio i believe, and obviously the tranny. But is there anything else?
      I have a guy ready to sell me a bunch of parts from an auto is200, but I'm sceptical with mine being a manual

thanks
    • By Mouldikh
      Hi all, had my gold 2004 sc430 now for 3 months. What a great car. I love the fact that it is rarely seen on the roads and is a real head turner especially with the top down. I have suffered from excessive  battery drain which I see is a common problem but will investigate and see if improvements can be made. After a weeks holiday in Wales I returned home to find that one of the front reflectors had fallen off. I have searched eBay, etc to find a replacement but have failed. Can anyone help me out?
      Thanks, Keith

• By andrewtayloruk
      Hi all.
      I've been away from the owners club for a little while, after selling my beloved is200 against my will, I couldn't face the pain and jealousy :)
      I've just pulled the trigger on a low mileage 2007 RX400h, I've got my eyes on a dog guard (part number PZ483K212000) but I'm struggling to find the other accessory which splits the bootspace down the middle. I'd like to keep the dog seperate from the rest of the luggage (mainly the weekly food shop!)
      I can find the equivalent part for a 450 and the NX. I'm hoping such an accessory was available for the 400 also. Can anyone confirm such a thing exists, photos or a part number would be even better.
      It won't be an is200 but if I can keep my dog safe and travel from place to place in reliable Japanese luxury it's the next best thing :)
      Many thanks
      Andrew 

• By Johnny01966
      Just like to share to members excellent service and communication from lexusdirectspares on e bay very friendly knowledgeable highly recommended.