Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not exactly answers your question, but:

1. try posting in IS mk3 forum (your IS 300h is mk3).

2. I believe Auto-leveling headlights were standard on Mk3 (same as Mk2 SE-L) , which means fitting lowering springs will mess-up this system - my point is that it might be much more complex job than it looks and you might end up fighting some issues.

• Like 1

Not exactly answers your question, but:

1. try posting in IS mk3 forum (your IS 300h is mk3).

2. I believe Auto-leveling headlights were standard on Mk3 (same as Mk2 SE-L) , which means fitting lowering springs will mess-up this system - my point is that it might be much more complex job than it looks and you might end up fighting some issues.

Appreciate that mate I do have a MK2 is250 now. Upon creating this profile I was looking into getting a 300h MK3. Just haven't got round to changing y profile. I appreciate your input mate

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

No problem... In terms of mk2 check whenever your car has mentioned auto-leveling headlights (AFS). For some guidance, if you have Xenon (distinguishable from washers "most of the times") then you will have auto-levelling, as well you can check against the wall - when you turn on the engine with lights on, they should go down and up. These were standard in all SE-L, SE-i and F-Sport models and option on SE, Sport, Advance and SR models.

The problem with auto-leveling is that there is a sensor which checks your ride height aka load and adjusts the headlamps. Obviously, it is adjusted for standard height and if you just pop lowering springs on the car then the system will go bonkers i.e. flashing AFS light on the dashboard, error messages and obviously your lights will not self-adjust or adjust incorrectly. I am sure there should be a way to readjust the sensor, but as I said it is not as straight forwards as it looks. 

• Like 1

Bloody hell. Didn't think it was that taxing to get it done. I had a seat Ibiza many years go with bi xenons that were auto leveling they were okay. O hope the lexus doesn't bring up issues. Again I appreciate your input as it gives a heads up on what to expect. Have many people on here lowered?

There definitely few around e.g. @Yorkie740 who might be able to give you more info. The important thing to ask whenever there is AFS on lowered car, as if there no AFS it is just a matter of popping up the lowering springs and be done with it. As well check your car - it might be exactly that if you don't have Xenons (HID).

As well look around US forums where modifying Lexus is more popular:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension/183257-afs-light-flashing-after-tanabe-nf210-s.html

• Like 1

Just to illustrate my point:

On 7/30/2016 at 9:36 AM, Yorkie740 said:

So far I have done....

Hid kit (means the car had halogens and not HIDs from factory, hence no AFS to deal with)

Bc Coilovers lowered 75mm (just ordered 14kg spring for front so I can pull it down lower!) (hence it was not problems with lowering)

BTW - just looked around and what a nice and tastefully modified IS you have @Yorkie740

There definitely few around e.g. @Yorkie740 who might be able to give you more info. The important thing to ask whenever there is AFS on lowered car, as if there no AFS it is just a matter of popping up the lowering springs and be done with it. As well check your car - it might be exactly that if you don't have Xenons (HID).

As well look around US forums where modifying Lexus is more popular:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension/183257-afs-light-flashing-after-tanabe-nf210-s.html

Thanks again for that info. Just had a gander through and there appears to be a fix regarding the afs. Makes a good read that threat. Really helpful again mate

Oh yes... I didn't say it is not possible to do it, just that there might be some challenges in the way. Definitely, there should be a way of adjusting the sensor (or I should say arm which goes into it) and making AFS work on lowered car, it is just a matter of finding how to adjust it and how much it can be adjusted.

... and as always don't forget to post how your finished project looks like ... and good luck

• Like 1

Oh yes... I didn't it is not possible to do it, just that there might be some challenges in the way. Definitely, there should be a way of adjusting the sensor (or I should say arm which goes into it) and making AFS work on lowered car, it is just a matter of finding how to adjust it and how much it can be adjusted.

... and as always don't forget to post how your finished project looks like ... and good luck

Will do mate. Need to find some wheels aswell. want some nice staggered wheels. But ***** there a pretty penny .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links