Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can The Power Steering Pump Belt Be Adjusted

TheDon

Well i am getting rather annoyed with my powersteering belt at the min, as it is still squeeling (gets worse when you steer).

Oiling it as per toyota/lexus dealer advised is getting me nowhere fast!

Was looking around there and saw what looked like some sliding mount tabs?

I dont realy see why the belt should slip anymore if it is tightend up a bit, or would this be done for me at my 50k service?

Any help would be great as i am fed up of the noise as it ruins the quality of the car when it sounds like an old cavaler with a dodgy fan belt

thats not a bad idea, it could be the belt.

if its only a fiver then i will probably just get them to change it at the service

its squeaking because the belt is knackered,get the belt and get a mate/local garage to fit it.

thats not a bad idea, it could be the belt.

if its only a fiver then i will probably just get them to change it at the service

its squeaking because the belt is knackered,get the belt and get a mate/local garage to fit it.

I was gonna say that mate, but thought i`d get shot down in flames, for even suggeting that someone go somewhere except Lexus for work done on there car!! :lol:

well the price of the belt is £45 and lexus bromley are gonna fit it for £20 so thats not too bad.

plus they are gonna do my 50k service.

All for £200

It turns out the dealer ordered the wrong part! the £45 was for a complete oil pump set, the real power steering belt is only about £15 plust there will be no fitting charge!

they were able to tighten the belt but it didnt do much, still its booked in for 8am to be done and also have the alternator changed under warenty

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links