Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another ISF at Auction

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Another one going through soon, lots of pictures CX58 BSY anyone know if it ?

https://www.manheim.co.uk/auctions/cars/lexus

Big Rat

Paul, do you ever follow these auction cars through, to find the selling price?

I presume they do the same as my local auction house, and whack on over 12% in fees for buyers and the same for sellers?

Wonder how much the traders pay these days, a lot less I imagine.

• Like 1

Actually, I had a good delve around the manheim site after the above post, and, for private buyers, the fees are around half of those charged at Eastbourne.

I went to look at a sc430, at eastbourne auctions, a few weeks back.

It was a surprisingly nice example, and I felt a tingle in my wallet, then I checked the fees, which would have been around the thousand pound mark, and the tingle left me.

I don't know why auction houses advertise to, and encourage private buyers, then proceed to charge rip off fees, compared to trade rates, especially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyv said:

Paul, do you ever follow these auction cars through, to find the selling price?

I presume they do the same as my local auction house, and whack on over 12% in fees for buyers and the same for sellers?

Wonder how much the traders pay these days, a lot less I imagine.

@mikeyv I've followed up on one and the fee was as you discribe, the dealer then put his mark up on it which came to a little over 5k.

Another member on here was going to go for the car but upon some research decided against it.

As I've said before if youve not got  a lot of experience in car mechanics and an ability to spot issues quickly in the model of car you are interested in or at least take a knowledgeable friend it can be fraught with problems.

Or you may bag a bargain 😏

🐀

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links