iffy

tyre size advice

Just a quick opinion on what you would do/have done. 

The car as it is has factory standard tyres - 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear (non-standard). Now I'm well up for sticking to factory sizes on the car, but what sort of experience will I have if reverting to factory standard tyres on rears?

Im pretty sure the rims are only equipped for 215's on the rears, but saying that I haven't had any issues with handling. I do also know that lexus specify factory sizes for a good reason. 

I had a 2005 IS300 Sportcross which wore 215 45 17 on 7j Wheels at the front, 225 45 17 with 7.5J on the rear. I suspect that would be the same set up as yours.

The spare (Full size) was 215 45 17 and the dealer told me that it was ok to interchange on a temporary basis.

Just a quick opinion on what you would do/have done. 

The car as it is has factory standard tyres - 215/45/17 front and 225/45/17 rear (non-standard). Now I'm well up for sticking to factory sizes on the car, but what sort of experience will I have if reverting to factory standard tyres on rears?

Im pretty sure the rims are only equipped for 215's on the rears, but saying that I haven't had any issues with handling. I do also know that lexus specify factory sizes for a good reason. 

Is it a Sportcross like Silversalmon's?

Regardless, the standard wheels are fine with 225/45R17 tyres. As long you keep the larger size on the rear axle there's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk