Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Do I Stand?

Bison

I was driving my car and I lost power and the the engine management Light came on, the car sounded like it wasn't firing on all cylinders,

After about 10 mins I got back in the car and it started ok, It sounded ok, the light had gone out and it drove ok, for about 10 mins and then same problem occured again,

I took it to a main dealer, and they had the car for a week, their diagnosis was a faulty Catalytic Converter and Lambda Sensor, I had these replaced at considerable cost to myself, only to find that thier diagnosis was incorrect and the same problem remained.

They had told me that the Cat had been removed by them, and that the honeycomb insides of the cat had disintergrated and blocked the cat up, and this was the problem.

So I had the cat replaced by an independant Garage, this did not solve the problem, So i rang main dealer back up, they said replace the lambda sensor, did this still no joy. the independant garage then told me thier was nothing wrong with my Cat or Lambda sensor and that the main dealer had not removed my exhaust and that the honeycomb centre of the Cat was still intact.

The main dealer now doesn;t want to know.

Where do I stand with this???

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Bison

Well, I'm defintately gonna get a Soarer TT, but as a little deal for writing off my cossie, I inherited a Pug 406 on an R plate, It's a piece of ****, but i'm saving up for a really nice TT, i'm not about to rush into buying a Lexus again, I want the right one for me this time. I've decided on the TT as I want the power of the Cossie but I did miss the little luxury's. Im not saying the Cossie wasn't as I expected, but I want something a bit more comfortable, with power.

But until then I need this Pug to be running, and I'm having this problem with Warners Peugeot in Gloucester, as I explained, some adive on where I stand on this matter would be very much appriciated.

Thanks Bison.

Think you ought to join the Peugot Owners Club and see if anyone else has problems with this garage.

Normally engine warning light coming on is the lambdor sensor which screws up the mixture and timine and can then ruin the cat, but if your independent is saying it's not that then its probably something more serious.

You could also try contactin Citizens Advice .... or Trading Standards.

Well, I'm defintately gonna get a Soarer TT, but as a little deal for writing off my cossie, I inherited a Pug 406 on an R plate, It's a piece of ****, but i'm saving up for a really nice TT, i'm not about to rush into buying a Lexus again, I want the right one for me this time. I've decided on the TT as I want the power of the Cossie but I did miss the little luxury's. Im not saying the Cossie wasn't as I expected, but I want something a bit more comfortable, with power.

But until then I need this Pug to be running, and I'm having this problem with Warners Peugeot in Gloucester, as I explained, some adive on where I stand on this matter would be very much appriciated.

Thanks Bison.

good choice mate... need any info then gimme a shout..

take ya time and try and get a low mileage car with lots of history to prove the milage... I viewed one with 14,000 miles on the clock.. but there was no history from japan to back it up... so i left it.

Soarers you can pick up at a really nice price.. but make sure you set a budget... 6k will get you a 95.. dont buy 3k versions.. 5k is the norm

These do not depreciate as well... look after those turbos and she'll give you your money back in a year or 2.

any questions then just ask mate.

Normally engine warning light coming on is the lambdor sensor which screws up the mixture and timine and can then ruin the cat, but if your independent is saying it's not that then its probably something more serious.

I have replaced this sensor and the cat, as advised by Warners Peugeot (Gloucester) at a cost to me. This has not solved the problem, Therefore I paid Peugeot to tell me what was wrong with the car (£70) and their diagnosis was incorrect. So I have paid for parts and fitting for things that had nothing wrong with them,

The people who repaired it said The Cat was not faulty and exhaust had not been removed recently. This indicates to me that Peugeot did not remove the exhaust as they had told me, and the damage to the cat they said was causing the problem did not exist. So where do I stand, Peugeot don't want to know.

Bison

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links