Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blasted Pot Holes And Wheels

Not a happy bunny :angry:

Hit a pot hole in Burtonwood on Friday and it has compleatly bent the inner rim of the Alloy. When I changed the wheel on Friday night and realised what has happened phoned a few alloy repairers and everyone has said can not be repaired :crying:

So now have to get a new alloy. Are the council liable? what can I do? The reoad around Burtonwood is covered in pot holes but don't know which hole I hit.

Mind you it could be alot worse

Sorry to hear that mate, the exact same thing happened to my 19's only it put a 9.5" crack in one wheel which was unrepairable and buckled the other. The buckled one i manage to get fixed.

The council should be liable for it but you need to take a pic as soon as possible of the pothole and you're wheel, before they fill it up. That's what happened to me so i could not prove it had happend to me.

Alex

Take some photos of the pot hole and traffic or better still a video of cars hitting it (if you did, it's likely others are doing the same) and contact the council. Get a name of who you need to follow it up with and send it to them recorded delivery with a letter claiming reimbursement for the damage.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. I would bid for the 17" but wont go well with the 18" pitty as the were cheap.

Have spoken to Lexus and a couple of Alloy repair places near work all say Alloy must be replace. I will at least attempt to get the council to pay and have now got details from them of where to put the claim in. THe upside is the wheel will be replace on Thursday and Lexus Chester are checking the car over for any other damage.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links