Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going to see a 450h tomorrow, any tips?

The guy whose car I saw said they cut the x-pipe out, replaced with stainless pipe and welded it. I think he paid £250-ish for it, perhaps that's an option too.

3 hours ago, olumite said:

@The-Acre I paid £700 for mine. That was for 2 cats, centre box and the 2 back boxes.

I stressed that they be chambered. I wasn't interested in the drone that often comes with free flow exhausts. Or the loss of low rev torque.

I'd be happy with that. I mention it because mine is very rusty so on borrowed time.

2 hours ago, catnap said:

What do you guys reckon to this one?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201804035172980

[Edit] Just spotted the lack of ACC. Boo, I would have liked that, but it looks decent otherwise.

It looks very nice in the photos.  Maybe it's just me but reading the description makes me uneasy, it doesn't fill me with confidence.  Price is good though. Is it far from you?

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

It looks very nice in the photos.  Maybe it's just me but reading the description makes me uneasy, it doesn't fill me with confidence.  Price is good though. Is it far from you?

40 miles, not terrible. What makes you uneasy about it? 

26 minutes ago, catnap said:

40 miles, not terrible. What makes you uneasy about it? 

It's probably just me being sceptical after viewing so many cars myself.  So many adverts say things like "best car ever" but they only keep it for a few months.  I've also found many times that someone else's idea of good condition is far from reality.  Maybe I'm being unfair, if it's only 40 miles I'd view it for sure, as I say, the price is good.

11 hours ago, The-Acre said:

It's probably just me being sceptical after viewing so many cars myself.  So many adverts say things like "best car ever" but they only keep it for a few months.  I've also found many times that someone else's idea of good condition is far from reality.  Maybe I'm being unfair, if it's only 40 miles I'd view it for sure, as I say, the price is good.

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism! I've been burned before by accepting people's sales patter on face value and this time, with this amount of money, I'm going to be more careful.

I prefer the spec and 'feel' of this one but it's 94 miles away which is a long old slog to have a look https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803224816039

Some of the cars I've seen have horrible MOT history- such as leaking shocks year on year, then suddenly a fresh clean MOT when the trader takes the vehicle. Not touching that with a barge pole.

Patience is a virtue.

2 hours ago, catnap said:

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of cynicism! I've been burned before by accepting people's sales patter on face value and this time, with this amount of money, I'm going to be more careful.

I prefer the spec and 'feel' of this one but it's 94 miles away which is a long old slog to have a look https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201803224816039

Some of the cars I've seen have horrible MOT history- such as leaking shocks year on year, then suddenly a fresh clean MOT when the trader takes the vehicle. Not touching that with a barge pole.

Patience is a virtue.

I traveled 85 miles for mine, glad I did.  Looks nice!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links