Just in case somebody looking after this car...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801172849926?make=LEXUS&year-from=2012&sort=price-asc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=sy161qy&model=GS 450H&page=1

I have tried making offer on it back in January, but seller did not want to budge at all... at the time I though it was overpriced for mileage and my offer represented very good value for seller. It is funny to see car being sold now for nearly the same price as I have offered. Just to annoy them now I made offer of £13500, but not actually planning on buying it anymore :devil2:

Immy ***
Thu 18/01/2018, 14:03
Thank you Linas

It seems our part-exchange valuations are a source of difference and it will be difficult to bridge the gap. 

It will be easier to do a straight cash deal - in which case, we would expect an offer of £16,370.

Regards

2i Cars Limited

Linas ***
Thu 18/01/2018, 14:42

Well that would not be an offer, that would be simply paying what you are asking.

£16370 is far stretch, more than Lexus dealer would ask for Lexus "approved-used". As I said similar Premier + LED (more expensive than F-sport) just sold from Lexus Sheffield for under £13750.

My offer would be ~£14750 give or take few £100's

Otherwise I wish you luck with the sale and thank you,

Sincerely,
Linas ***

immy ***
Thu 18/01/2018, 14:52
Thanks

My only suggestion would be is to speak to Lexus and ask them if in future they have another one then they should contact you first. 

A car is worth what the market is willing to pay and we price our cars to sell, it's an f sport which is different and if it's takes time to sell I and my staff would enjoy driving the car until sold. 

Many thanks and good luck in your search

2i cars ltd

Linas ***
Thu 18/01/2018, 14:59
Fair point,

I guess I partially represent the market as well. Thank you and let me know if you change your mind and you actually want to sell it.

Linas

Immy ***
Thu 18/01/2018, 15:48
We dont change our mind where we have to drop over £1000 on a car. 

Good luck

• Like 2

What if they offer to sell at a price that you can't refuse? :wink3:

That is sort of self explanatory - if they offer it at the price "I can't refuse" then I can't refuse and I will buy it. I am certain they won't take £13500 and I would not pay a penny more. If somehow they would agree to £13500.... I am not sure... I might actually think about it.

It seems they over estimated what the market was willing to pay then :smile:

It's interesting to note that he says he and his staff would be driving it in the meantime.  I know this happens, but in this case, he appears to be going out of his way to let you know that it is going to be used in the interim.  I don't suppose you remember what the mileage was back in January?

• Like 1

Yes indeed. I found that funny as well, but I would need to highlight everything if I would be highlighting all what was funny about it... and overall he is bordering of being rude i.e. - "so check with Lexus next time if they have better deals"... and it seems he already backtracked on all the claims - "we won't discount over £1000", "it is F-sport and it will sell" etc. Now he back to effectively what I have offered "£14750 +/-  ~£100's" - so if he would have been reasonable he could have made counter-offer for £14900-15000 and back then I probably would have agreed. Now I am simply trolling... 

The mileage was 109k in January ... so it seems it is being driven at reasonable pace.

BTW they offered £1000 for my car and after several e-mails said that they would not pay more than £1620 (which is fine.. but then equally I was not paying £16370 for theirs either). I initially offered PX ~ £13000 + my car.