Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

All season tyre recomendation for an IS220D?

Hi,

I'm thinking about purchasing all season tyres for my IS 220D.
Something like Michelin CrossClimate+ or Maxxis All-Season AP2

Does anyone have any experience using this kind of tyres for a rear wheel drive car? Last year using summer tyres my car got stuck several times in snowy conditions.

Many thanks

1 hour ago, Shaunomercy said:

Been looking at all season boots for the is250c. Sadly it appears an all season in 255x40x18 isn't available in that size so it's either full on winter tires or summer tires.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

40 profile is far too low in my (senior) opinion.Why not raise to 50 at least ?

Because it's not the correct size thus deamed a modification by insurance which either costs money or voids insurance.

40 profile is far too low in my (senior) opinion.Why not raise to 50 at least ?

How about dropping the rim size to something smaller but still an option for the model, usually detailed in the handbook?

Smaller rim diameter means higher tyre profile and (usually) cheaper and more available.

More expense to buy the rims but IMHO far better to switch wheels and tyres complete rather than constantly mounting and de-mounting tyres?

• Like 1

To be fair nemesis UK, I do this with my Passat alltrack (poor man's Audi all road). It goes onto a set of VW 16inch alloys with full winter boots when the weather turns. Ensures the better half can get home even though she doesn't have the confidence I have in snow.
But it's a pain. Once the conti sport 3s are done, that will be put on all seasons and winter tire package sold.

Id be happy to run all seasons on the lex too. I'm hoping that the new Bridgestone a005 may become available in the Lexus 18 rear size.

Whilst a full on winter is light and day better than an all season, an all season is still tenfold better than a summer tire.

Tho being able to drive in snow is a big help too.
That's not to say, if I can avoid sledging with a 44ton car transporter with 11 cars on board, I will. Manflu cough cough. Sicky...

How about dropping the rim size to something smaller but still an option for the model, usually detailed in the handbook?
Smaller rim diameter means higher tyre profile and (usually) cheaper and more available.
More expense to buy the rims but IMHO far better to switch wheels and tyres complete rather than constantly mounting and de-mounting tyres?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links