Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Close to joining the 300h club, but can't decide on the trim level

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

An owner removed all of it before using a window cleaner and cloth. Then had a piece of antiglare laser cut to dimensions and stuck it on.

Essentially said it made little difference so could have got away with just removing it and leaving it be

Guess I can use it as another excuse to haggle the price down if he entertains my 15k offer

11 hours ago, ArcticPanda said:

This is more like it. Was targeting below 50k miles, but this might be good. Shame it doesn't have the cream leather, but beggers can't be choosers 

Our 15 plate has cream leather (no ripped seats either), premier spec with the very rare 'safety pack' so you also get radar cruise control/blind spot monitor, and just 26k on the clock, also in £10/year VED bracket and unlikely to be banned/fined in future ULEZs.

But we are not selling, the thing is so cheap to run and maintain cannot get the man maths to work swapping it for anything else. Any new car will cost ££££ in deprecation and virtually the same maintenance costs.

Good luck with your search!! Get one in decent spec though, it does make a differences to your ownership experience.

21 hours ago, ArcticPanda said:

Very good point RE: Q2.

I know a salesman who works at this dealer, and when I brought up the 15k, he said that any other car he'd probably do a deal. But this one the dealership have got too much into it to go as low as 15-16k. Presumably, they'd make a loss. So I guess it depends on how desperate they are to hit the Q2 targets.

I think the F Sport looks better to be honest. What are the actual differences though?

If they have a policy on 'time in stock' it will either move to another site in the group or they will do a deal. I bought a mini Cooper Cluman JCW kitted demo with 1500 miles on it that had been advertised at £20000 and a week later (end of quarter) I bought it from another site in the group for £14,000.Drove it for 9 months and 20000 miles and traded it for £650 more than I paid. 

6 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

If they have a policy on 'time in stock' it will either move to another site in the group or they will do a deal. I bought a mini Cooper Cluman JCW kitted demo with 1500 miles on it that had been advertised at £20000 and a week later (end of quarter) I bought it from another site in the group for £14,000.Drove it for 9 months and 20000 miles and traded it for £650 more than I paid. 

I'll need to get a quote on fixing the leather on those rear seats. Otherwise, I could just get another one for around the £15k mark with just slightly more mileage

The annoying thing is, I live in the Channel Islands. So, if I want to get something in the UK, it is a bit of a pain rather than buying locally. Considering we don't pay VAT on cars, you'd think our used market would be cheaper

4 hours ago, ArcticPanda said:

I'll need to get a quote on fixing the leather on those rear seats. Otherwise, I could just get another one for around the £15k mark with just slightly more mileage

The annoying thing is, I live in the Channel Islands. So, if I want to get something in the UK, it is a bit of a pain rather than buying locally. Considering we don't pay VAT on cars, you'd think our used market would be cheaper

If this is a Lexus Approved Used car then to qualify for that status then the upholstery should be fixed to conform to the rules according to the documentation I have. 

2 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

If this is a Lexus Approved Used car then to qualify for that status then the upholstery should be fixed to conform to the rules according to the documentation I have. 

I'm not sure if it works slightly differently here in the Channel Islands. I know that it is a former PCP/Loan car which was essentially traded in for a brand new IS. Perhaps it just hasn't gone through the work to get it approved yet.

The salesman did mention it had to have some work done to it first. But at the same time, it has been in the showroom for a while, so god knows why it hasn't been done already.

1 hour ago, ArcticPanda said:

I'm not sure if it works slightly differently here in the Channel Islands. I know that it is a former PCP/Loan car which was essentially traded in for a brand new IS. Perhaps it just hasn't gone through the work to get it approved yet.

The salesman did mention it had to have some work done to it first. But at the same time, it has been in the showroom for a while, so god knows why it hasn't been done already.

In my experience the dealers don't always do the work until the car is sold

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wharfhouse said:

In my experience the dealers don't always do the work until the car is sold

What an odd way to do it. Means I couldn't take the car home that day which would suck. But hey-ho...

Still waiting for the manager of this dealership to get back to me. If he's wanting a sale, he's not being particularly pro-active about chatting to me about it

42 minutes ago, ArcticPanda said:

What an odd way to do it. Means I couldn't take the car home that day which would suck. But hey-ho...

Still waiting for the manager of this dealership to get back to me. If he's wanting a sale, he's not being particularly pro-active about chatting to me about it

Maybe that is why - if someone wants the car take it as is then they don't do the work - also while it's being test driven or sat at the dealer it's getting dirty and may be subject to further scuffs I guess - I bought mine second hand at a Lexus dealer - 2 years old with 40K miles. That had been at the dealer a little while I think (as the mileage was relatively high for the age - however it had been only one owner, purchased at that dealer and serviced by that dealer so was a good car to buy in my view - also with a higher mileage it's most likely done the miles as unstressed motorway miles which are often better than a low mileage short journey only car) - I negotiated a discount (not quite as much as you are looking for perhaps but I was very happy) and it took them just under a week to then prep the car for collection - wasn't really much to do - mainly a good clean and polish etc.

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Maybe that is why - if someone wants the car take it as is then they don't do the work - also while it's being test driven or sat at the dealer it's getting dirty and may be subject to further scuffs I guess - I bought mine second hand at a Lexus dealer - 2 years old with 40K miles. That had been at the dealer a little while I think (as the mileage was relatively high for the age - however it had been only one owner, purchased at that dealer and serviced by that dealer so was a good car to buy in my view - also with a higher mileage it's most likely done the miles as unstressed motorway miles which are often better than a low mileage short journey only car) - I negotiated a discount (not quite as much as you are looking for perhaps but I was very happy) and it took them just under a week to then prep the car for collection - wasn't really much to do - mainly a good clean and polish etc.

I don't know how easy it would be to repair the seats in the back (or how expensive). Not entirely sure whether it needs to be completely reupholstered, or whether it is fixable without a major overhaul.

12 minutes ago, ArcticPanda said:

I don't know how easy it would be to repair the seats in the back (or how expensive). Not entirely sure whether it needs to be completely reupholstered, or whether it is fixable without a major overhaul.

If it's the leather that is ripped it will just need a new leather seat cover - the dealer should be able to sort that out - as for cost then I have no idea...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links