Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h Premier 2013 sat nav 2020 update

Hi  The latest nav 2020/21 update is now available. Has anyone updated theirs and have any links or is this a dealer update? My system is  LEXUS 11HDD GEN7 and map version is as the attachment. Any help appreciated.

IMG_0605.JPG

No way would I update maps when you can fit a much more reliable TomTom with several free updates each year plus speed cameras.  Well this is what replaced my hopeless Lexus one and I am by no means the only one.  Others use Google maps or I think it's 'waze'.

Re: "The latest nav 2020/21 update is now available"

Has anyone found a way to download in warranty map updates in general of late?

I last downloaded an update in September 2019, but now logging in to Lexus Tech EU or My Lexus, I can't find any links or information on where / how to download an update.

Surely it's not a dealer only update now?

Not done this one but I upgraded mine from 2011 to 2017 when I bought mine, dealer done at a cost of £160.

Unlike some on here I much prefer the built in Satnav than my old Tom-tom I used to have as it is a lot quicker redirecting and a bigger screen.

18 hours ago, flookyk said:

Unlike some on here I much prefer the built in Satnav than my old Tom-tom I used to have as it is a lot quicker redirecting and a bigger screen.

Maybe because it was an 'old' Tom-tom.  The latest six series are much faster, you can pinch and spread and mount closer to your line of vision without glancing to your left.  But most importantly I have found Tom-tom to be more reliable.  Having been taken miles out of my way with the Lexus sat nav which is pretty well up to date, I ran the Lexus and the Tom-tom together and the later chose the best route.  I know this because i tested in an area I know well.  When I was about a mile from home the Lexus unit continued to take me away from home whereas the Tom-tom took me the best way without problem for example.  I proved the relative advantage a number of times. If you scroll down in this thread you will find how it was firmly mounted on the dash. (Apologies for duplicated pics).  Every time I tried to edit out it just repeated - seems you can't completely remove a post on this forum or if there is a way it's not obvious.  https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/120872-fit-aftermarket-satnav-and-integrate-into-rx-audiosystem/

5 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Maybe because it was an 'old' Tom-tom.  The latest six series are much faster, you can pinch and spread and mount closer to your line of vision without glancing to your left.  But most importantly I have found Tom-tom to be more reliable.  Having been taken miles out of my way with the Lexus sat nav which is pretty well up to date, I ran the Lexus and the Tom-tom together and the later chose the best route.  I know this because i tested in an area I know well.  When I was about a mile from home the Lexus unit continued to take me away from home whereas the Tom-tom took me the best way without problem for example.  I proved the relative advantage a number of times. If you scroll down in this thread you will find how it was firmly mounted on the dash. (Apologies for duplicated pics).  Every time I tried to edit out it just repeated - seems you can't completely remove a post on this forum or if there is a way it's not obvious.  https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/120872-fit-aftermarket-satnav-and-integrate-into-rx-audiosystem/

In the two and half year I have used the 2017 Satnav on the Lexus, the only time it has not been completely accurate was last week driving through Wales where there has been a new bypass built around one town.

I have a 2019 with Sat Nav, and had tortuous weekend of it "navigating". I am now going to use Tom Tom on my phone. Even the up to date map is hopelessly out of date! Missing multiple roundabouts built in the last decade.  The software diverted us off main roads and back on again, then the long way around on journeys. Loathsome system.

9 hours ago, WipeOut said:

I have a 2019 with Sat Nav, and had tortuous weekend of it "navigating". I am now going to use Tom Tom on my phone. Even the up to date map is hopelessly out of date! Missing multiple roundabouts built in the last decade.  The software diverted us off main roads and back on again, then the long way around on journeys. Loathsome system.

That's my experience and true of what others have found too but if Keith and the op find it works, fair enough.  just pay for official or non official update.  To be fair, roads don't generally change vastly very quickly, although modern satnav can help with alternative routes, particularly where there are hold ups. Unfortunately, that's another area where I have found frequent warnings on the Lexus that there is a hold up in 5 miles which when it comes to it does not materialize.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links