Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wing mirror falls out!

Hi all,

The glass (inc base) of my left wing mirror falls out of the housing because two of 4 clips on the holder have snapped. Previously it was glued on, I learned, I had the mechanic glue it but it's not held. I see you can buy the glass and base, can you buy the holder part? Or is there a particular glue that I can use myself that might hold it?

Thanks for any help,

Lisa

Hi Lisa and welcome to the LOC.

You don’t display which RX model you have but this info is based on a 2006 RX300.

There are only 3 parts available, the glass, the complete housing and the door mounting. The housing price is as shown !

You best and cheapest solution is to try and buy a secondhand housing from a breaker from the likes of eBay and then use the parts to repair yours.

Or you could get the mirror in the correct position then use a glue gun to secure the mirror to the housing with a blob in each corner...unsightly but does the job.

0BAFC980-A7C6-4D4B-BA1B-32B82D458180.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! Oops, sorry, model is 2005 rx400h. That screenshot is interesting, thank you. I've ordered a mirror with base, actually, ordered two because my partner broke his mirror today. We both have 400h (yeah) so I've ordered a left and a right. His has one clip broken, mine has two so I will try your sticky pad suggestion for sure.

Thanks so much!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links