Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h - Creaking coming from windows?

So sadly it hasn't fixed my issue and its really starting to drive me mental. I treated all the rubber on all 4 doors and around the boot lid but as the car rocks back and forth when braking and then accelerating its still bloody creaking.

So at a standstill I dropped all 4 windows and opened the doors slightly, moved back and forth slowly and can hear the creaking plain as day. It definitely sounds like its coming from inside the car as it cannot be heard from the outside. I tried moving the seats, dropping the rear seats, taking everything out the boot etc... At a complete loss 😭

This reminds me of my first IS. It used to rattle and bang over bumps, which I thought was more Lada-like than Lexus-like. I ended up driving a Lexus mechanic around in the boot while he looked for where the rattling was coming from. Fair play to him, he took it away and fixed it. He said "I won't tell you what it was" which always had me worried whether I'd left something in there or if there had been some terrible assembly or manufacturing fault.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:21 AM, Mincey said:

This reminds me of my first IS. It used to rattle and bang over bumps, which I thought was more Lada-like than Lexus-like. I ended up driving a Lexus mechanic around in the boot while he looked for where the rattling was coming from. Fair play to him, he took it away and fixed it. He said "I won't tell you what it was" which always had me worried whether I'd left something in there or if there had been some terrible assembly or manufacturing fault.

I had a 3 year old Mitsubishi Galant and whenever I drove up my drop curb (not steep!) I could hear the most awful grinding noise. Garage could find nothing wrong with the suspension. They said the car looked perfect to them. I took it back - still doing it! Mechanic came out with me (he driving) and threw the car around like Jenson Button! Nothing.

I got in the driver's seat and proceeded up someone's driveway. BINGO! the grinding noise! The mechanic got out of the car and told me to go up again. Grinding noise! Trust me it sounded very serious!

He got me to do it 3 more times - still grinding! 

"I have found the problem sir!" he announced. Take off your electrostatic strap you fitting at the rear!

I fitted a nylon seat cover to the driver's seat to protect it when I was doing rough work. I kept getting electric shocks when leaving the car - you could hear the crack AND feel it!

So I tried fitting one of these straps that is meant to release the static electricity and cure car sickness!

You would not believe the noise that strap made when it trailed along the ground when going over a drop curve. The sound resonated around the rear valance (metal in those days).

Gave up the strap AND the seat cover!

Cheap fix!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links