Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Retrofitted factory Nav?

HI All

I recently got hold of my new baby, a blue 99 IS200 Sport with Sport Grille and Lexus Body Kit, my only regret is it doesnt have nav, I dont want to fit aftermarket navigation. I have experience of fitting crazy car audio systems (I used to compete in the sound off circuit many years ago - and won quite a bit) I wanted to know if anyone had retrofitted factory navigation?, I believe the loom in my car wont have the plugs to just plug in the controller box, screen and keypad. so.... (zzz) I was thinnking about finding a scrapped IS200 Nav and removing the bits and weedling the nav wiring out of the loom, has anyone done this??? (bummer is I just missed out on all the gear a couple of weeks ago :mad:

Cheers

Adrian

BTW, I just has a new clutch fitted in my car courtesy of Lexus! thanks to this board, just typed in "clutch judder" and all my problems were solved cheers Lads

Yes Ive done it...well sort of..I was in the same situation as you...went to lexus & was told the same thing...so in the end I went & forked out for an aftermarket sat nav system: the VDO Dayton...which is brilliant! But because of the way the IS200 is it was impossible to to mount the screen anywhere without it obstructing the driving view. So I ended up trying to get the original sat nav console for the IS. I contacted a breakers yard & managed to pick up the whole sat nav system for a mere £300, If I had known I could have picked it up in the first place I would have stuck with the lexus one. I dismantled the screen console & fitted the aftermarket screen into it & then found power feeds for the motor & lights on the console itself & connected them up. There you have it, fully original looking sat nav system but better!!! But im sure you could do the same but ask for the wiring loom aswell from the breakers yard & get an auto electrician to figure out how to fit. Dont even bother asking lexus....if it isnt there to start with they wont want to know..full stop!! I have the ecu spare if you want to buy it...but chances are the breakers wont let the screen/console go without the ecu..thats why I had to buy it!!

Good luck & if you need more info on this dont hesitate to U2U me as I went through about six months of leg work to get this done & can probably give you most of the answers your lookin for.

Adrian,

I've got a Garmin unit that fits very nicely thank you on the dash! The plus's over a fitted unit are take it anywhere (works worldwide) and (more importantly!) you can alter your route, etc. on the move!!

Show you mine if you make the northern meet?

Originally posted by sholao

Any possibility of a picture, and how much did it cost including fitting?

I haven't got SATNAV, and might be intrested in getting something sorted out.

Me, sholao?

The best place to see pictures/buy a used unit (and there are some bargains) is www.ebay.co.uk. I paid about £370 for mine (colour version) and it doesn't need installing. They're about £750 new - the new new ones have voice. Mine doesn't.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links