Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's got or ordered a Convertible

Kevin Williams

While I was getting my rx serviced last week I noticed a lovely red/ light brown canvas LC convertible in the parking bays.  Looked a great colour combo to me.  Apparently it is owned by the King of Bahrain.  If I were in the market for an LC, I'd certainly consider this combo.|

Peter

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 9:10 PM, Geoff Spencer said:

There’s a lovely red and black one at Tunbridge Wells. That was my second choice of colour scheme. It’s all personal choice though. Good luck! 

Red/black at Tunbridge Wells? It won't be there next week 😁

Very excited. Just got the ping on the App to say that they have started building my LC conv.  regatta version. Hopefully, it should be here for the summer, fingers crossed.

thinking about ordering the wind break. Can anyone tell me how much they paid for one and from whom they ordered. I know they are expensive but I suspect they may extend the open air season😀 

• Like 1

Lexus quoted around £960 inc VAT. Can’t recall the exact amount. I’ve also seen this version advertised which looks higher than the Lexus version but no idea what it’s like. https://www.cabriosupply.co.uk/lexus-lc-500-aluminium-wind-deflector-2021-on
still haven’t made my mind up. 

Thanks Geoff, I have just had a quote around that level from the dealer, so I am going to bite the bullet and order one.  The other one looks tempting but with the risk attached, I think I will stick with the official part.

Quite a lot of new convertible activity! 
I’m now the owner of the red over all-black Tunbridge Wells car.

its a deeply impressive bit of kit. Early days yet..  it’s very very good in so many areas - quality, looks, equipment, noise, refinement. 

Re the wind deflector the current price is £1163 for the genuine Lexus part. I managed to negotiate one into the deal. It’s better than the cabriosupply one from what I can tell as it has snug fitting white rubber inserts to all four ‘feet’ so I can’t imagine it’ll rattle, whereas the cabriosupply one looks a bit more industrial looking with welded steel construction on show. Just need some decent weather to test it!

10 hours ago, Geoff Spencer said:

Congratulations. Let us know how you get on with the wind deflector. Also, does it come with a  bag for storing in the boot when your not using it? 

Thank you! Yes it comes with a bag, and it probably covers almost half the boot floor when it’s in there. Bit of a knack to sliding it into the boot too, as it’s just two full pieces without folding sections to reduce the width.
Better than my non genuine Maserati deflector was - that didn’t fit in the boot full stop.

• Like 1

I just got pinged by the App to inform me that mine has left the factory, only a week after going in to build. And now the wait while it is transported across the seas from Tokyo to Portbury. This is quite exciting, anyone know how long the journey takes?  
I have asked a friend, who is a Bristol Channel pilot to be on the look out for it.

56 minutes ago, eightk said:

That’s good news. I think shipping can be well over a month but it’ll definitely be worth the wait. Regatta Edition - very nice - what colours did you spec?

Thanks for your comment and the further wait is nothing compared to the 9 month wait to date!

I chose the dark blue with blue roof, I thought it all went well together. As an aside, I nearly bought the car which you bought. Approx. 6 weeks ago, we got an erroneous update that the Regatta spec would not be built til the end of the year. We made an offer on the red one at Tunbridge which was not accepted and then a few days later, we received a further update re March build and therefore did not pursue the Tunbridge one further.  I suspect it ultimately sold for something quite close to our offer. I think the red and black work well together, but I also love the look of the Regatta version.

1 hour ago, Graham19 said:

I have seen a dark blue/Blue roof in the USA - stunning colour

Thanks, and add to that the white and blue leather interior and we are in dreamland. I have told my wife that we'll have to cruise the sea fronts of Clevedon and Weston Super Mare. Its not exactly the grand corniche of the French Riviera but I am sure it will be fun!

Dark blue with blue hood and the Regatta interior will look lovely. I part exchanged a Maserati to get the Tunbridge one - my guess is I was 5k off where I could have been with cash but I was trying to sell for 12 months solid. Maserati and private sale is an impossibility! There was also a red on red car near Southampton that appeared just as I decided to go for one - that's also sold within about a week of me getting mine. They're so rare but do seem to sell - if you know... you know.

5 hours ago, eightk said:

Dark blue with blue hood and the Regatta interior will look lovely. I part exchanged a Maserati to get the Tunbridge one - my guess is I was 5k off where I could have been with cash but I was trying to sell for 12 months solid. Maserati and private sale is an impossibility! There was also a red on red car near Southampton that appeared just as I decided to go for one - that's also sold within about a week of me getting mine. They're so rare but do seem to sell - if you know... you know.

I think you did well with the red on black. One of the nicest used ones I've seen. I considered a Maserati convertible myself but reliability and rust concerns against a potential 10 year Lexus warranty and the conservative me took over! I am not sure you would have faired much better with cash. They turned down my 85 cash bid against their 89 offer at the time.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:10 AM, Marcus63 said:

I just got pinged by the App to inform me that mine has left the factory, only a week after going in to build. And now the wait while it is transported across the seas from Tokyo to Portbury. This is quite exciting, anyone know how long the journey takes?  
I have asked a friend, who is a Bristol Channel pilot to be on the look out for it.

Hello Mark

There were a few occasions when in a past life I needed to track the whereabouts of certain ships. There are numerous apps which allow you to do just this in real time providing you know the ships "call sign" detail. Always a fascinating experience, and quite revealing when it shows the course some ships take to get to their final destination.

One such web site that can track for you: Ship tracking

14 hours ago, Brian R said:

Hello Mark

There were a few occasions when in a past life I needed to track the whereabouts of certain ships. There are numerous apps which allow you to do just this in real time providing you know the ships "call sign" detail. Always a fascinating experience, and quite revealing when it shows the course some ships take to get to their final destination.

One such web site that can track for you: Ship tracking

Thanks, I can't resist giving that a go!

On 3/10/2023 at 10:57 PM, Marcus63 said:

I think you did well with the red on black. One of the nicest used ones I've seen. I considered a Maserati convertible myself but reliability and rust concerns against a potential 10 year Lexus warranty and the conservative me took over! I am not sure you would have faired much better with cash. They turned down my 85 cash bid against their 89 offer at the time.

Maserati amazed me on two points - the noise and also rust protection, or lack of it. Basic black aerosol’d subframes and sheet metal components underneath. No stone chip or thought to water drainage. The front suspension arm mounts must have been deliberately designed specifically to collect mud and water.
I got off very lightly with mine as the subframes were excellent but there were plates behind the headlights that had lost all their paint and were very close to disintegrating - and that’s only at 6 years old. I’ve seen forum photos of newer cars that have failed mots on corrosion. Frightening.

22 hours ago, RadicalCoupe-Fuji said:

Anyone order a white hybrid lc500 with red convertible top, red/black interior? I just saw one come in looking very nice!

Was this at a dealer? There are a couple of white ones on AT now. Won’t be a hybrid though because the hood goes where the Battery would fit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links