Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adrian Ambroz

Hi 

I've just signed up & been asked to introduce myself. I read an article in 2007 explaining how expensive cars can be bought relatively cheaply second hand so I bought an RX300SE which I kept for 11 trouble free years traveling all over Europe. Then in 2018 part exchanged it for an RX450h because of the yearly rise in road tax. 4 months later popping into my local Lexus dealer I was offered a test drive in the NX300h & I found it easier to drive, plus I was offered only a £1000 less than what I'd paid 4 months earlier so decided to trade it in for the 3 year old NX300h which I've now had for 2 years. As I said we had traveled to eastern Europe a few times in the old RX300SE & expected to do the same with the NX300 but with the situation now in Europe those plans have been put away.

• Like 3

After 11 years with the petrol RX300 I was getting only 15/16 mpg around London & the tax rising every year I decided to stay with Lexus & get a hybrid as I wouldn't buy diesel. Having exchanged it for the RX450h which I liked but found because of the slightly extra width I had to be very careful reversing into my drive that is at an angle & has 7 feet gates with only a few inches to spare. Plus there's a few roads with road narrowing posts where I live & I found I needed to bring the side mirrors in every time I went through them. 4 months later I don't know why but I stopped off at the Lexus dealer in Edgware just to have a look around with no intention of doing anything. It was while I was there I saw the NX300h in a similar colour to the 450h I had. A salesman asked if I would like to test drive it & I thought why not. So I had a drive and found it easier to manoeuvre in the surrounding narrow side roads. On my return he asked me what car I had. I pointed out mine and after the usual checking I was surprised at the price he was offering. So much to my surprise I decided to exchange the car I'd had for only 4 months after having the previous one 11 years. I've now had it for 2 years and driving wise I find it very easy & relaxing to drive especially with all the potholes & badly maintained roads in and around London. If there's anything to gripe about it's because of my size it's more cramped to get in & I have to watch my head. I also find it difficult to engage the seat belt as it's so narrow down the side.  Other than those two points I've no complaints on the driving side. I find the track pad a bit fiddly especially when using the mapping & I don't like the rear shelf with the cords hooked onto the side pillars to raise it, a bit cheap. I believe they've had problems with them as I only had one fitted rather than 2 & when I pointed this out they replaced it with a different design so I ended up with another new one to match the new one.

Because of the pandemic I haven't traveled & done the milage I expected to do in it, especially going abroad and the furthest I've driven it in a day is to Colchester & back. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links