Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from an Italian in Co. Cork, Ireland. Looking for suggestions on a GS450H

serbarry

I have contacted the seller, the car was always serviced with Lexus until 53,000 miles but the last service was done by an independent mechanic. Any comments welcome. Thank you

7 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Would not bother me in the least.

Isn't the service at 60,000 miles one of the most expensive because of the spark plugs? I would have preferred that it had been done by Lexus.

• 4 weeks later...

This one appeared just 2 hours ago. It looks like a SE-L to me even if the advert says Sport. It was serviced by a Lexus dealer until 2016 and after by a local garage. Do you think 233.000 km are too many?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-gs450h-sport-stunning-car/27959520

145,000 miles only a little over what you would think ok.

Mine has 105k.

Last Saab I had was 280k miles.

Car should be good for 200k miles on one engine. Work out if you think you will have it when it ticks over the 200.

9 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Work out if you think you will have it when it ticks over the 200.

I am not sure what you mean with the sentence above. Is it worth going and have a look at it?

If you plan on doing 20,000 miles a year then leave alone.

If you plan on doing 5000 miles a year then have a look.

All I can say is I am glad I don't live in Ireland when buying a car.

However, I live in the South of England and would prefer Irish prices when buying a house.

54 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

All I can say is I am glad I don't live in Ireland when buying a car.

Because there is not much choice of models compared to UK? Or why? 

It is all about the maths at the end of the day.

Spend £50,000 on a brand new vehicle that will be worth £5,000 after ten years.

Or spend £5,000 on a ten year old vehicle and throw a little money at it. I know I will not be throwing £4000 a year in maintenance and depreciation on mine.

Everything has suddenly changed: the seller called me saying that today in his company the management announced that they will replace the company's cars fleet and as a consequence he needs to give back his company car (this was the main reason of sale of the GS), and he will need the GS for another 3 months. We anyway agreed that whenever he decides to put it on sale again he will call me before advertising it so that I might have the chance of buying it before anyone else. Pity, as I was really looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/30/2021 at 4:32 PM, serbarry said:

Everything has suddenly changed: the seller called me saying that today in his company the management announced that they will replace the company's cars fleet and as a consequence he needs to give back his company car (this was the main reason of sale of the GS), and he will need the GS for another 3 months. We anyway agreed that whenever he decides to put it on sale again he will call me before advertising it so that I might have the chance of buying it before anyone else. Pity, as I was really looking forward to seeing it on Sunday.  

I went to see this GS this morning, I drove up to Co. Kildare. The car is in good conditions and well cared for: the interior is not immaculate but it is not bad either considering 13 years old car. It has Continental tyres at the back (because they are softer the owner told me) and Pirelli Pzero at the front. Unfortunately the left mirror shell shows signs of a repair (a small round area of the shell has been painted in silver but it differs from the silver colour of the rest of the car) made by the previous owner (not the actual one who is selling it now) who had the clever idea of putting a round silver sticker on the right mirror shell so that both mirrors shells appear the same. What really needs repair and refurbishment are the alloys which are seriously corroded. The owner told me that he already knows a place in Dublin to get them refurbished but I should pay for the work. Anyway I have been really impressed by the V6, I am so used to my Prius that is amazing how powerful the car is and how fast and quickly it reacts to the pedal. This one is high spec for Ireland with wood steering wheel and gear knob and radar cruise control which, says the owner, after you are used to have it, it becomes an essential feature in any future car you buy. So I really liked the car even if the boot is really small considering the size of the car but I will live with it. I agreed with the seller that when the car is due to service in the coming weeks he will ask for the hybrid health check of the Battery and beginning of September he will sell it to me.   

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links