Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from an Italian in Co. Cork, Ireland. Looking for suggestions on a GS450H

serbarry

Hello everybody, I am new to this community. I do not own a Lexus yet but this is the reason why I am here: I am considering buying a 2009 GS450H, this one below

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/lexus/gs/fpa/202101248305640?journey=Search

The price would be 9,900 euros serviced and with warranty or 8,000 euros without warranty (even though I thought that one year warranty should be mandatory in the EU for second hand cars). Now it is not clear if the warranty would be valid in any Lexus dealer in Ireland or only with this specific dealer, what it would cover and how long it would last. The seller did not reply to my text message with these questions. My main concern is the Battery pack and inverter. Moreover if the warranty is valid only with this specific dealer it might be complicated to solve any problem the car may have as I live 250km away from the dealer. 

I would like to have your opinions and suggestions about this model and if you think that this is a fair price (it seems to me a bit high).

Thanks to who can help me.

Hi Sergio ,

Does seem a bit high . I owned a 2008 GS450h SE-L back in 2010( Only £17000 then at 2 year old )

Also its not the higher spec model .......... SE-L.from what I can see .

i know Ireland has a different way of grading the cars but doesn't have some of the toys . 

I suppose its a question that nobody can answer for you , but yourself . 

Maybe keep your eye on the market and get a better feel for it . 

Price is on the high side if it were for sale in the UK.

I paid £5600 for my 2009 privately a year ago. Would expect to pay £6000 ish for those miles, maybe a little more if service history is good.

If serviced annually at a Lexus garage the Battery pack will be guaranteed until it is 15 years old.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies. I noticed that it was not the highest spec model and indeed it is a bit too much money considering the mileage and what it offers. I will keep an eye on the market if something comes up and when the lockdown is over I might try to go to the dealer and have a look at it. Maybe I may try to offer less money if it will be still on sale. Could you please tell me which features are missing in this particular one compared to the highest spec model?

Thank you    

Hi Sergio,

There is a 2010 GS450h on the Carsireland.ie website. It is an original Irish car with 75,000 Km and the asking price is 8,700 Euro.

Private sale in Co Dublin.

Might be worth a look.

Dec.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Beamish said:

Hi Sergio,

There is a 2010 GS450h on the Carsireland.ie website. It is an original Irish car with 75,000 Km and the asking price is 8,700 Euro.

Private sale in Co Dublin.

Might be worth a look.

Dec.

THats the facelift as well ............................. well worth a look !

It looks much better than the other one especially for the mileage. This one too is not high spec model unfortunately but it is worth considering it.  I don't particularly like it in black but it is not a problem. 

14 minutes ago, nicnac said:

THats the facelift as well ............................. well worth a look !

What are the differences between the facelift and the previous model please?

Just now, serbarry said:

It looks much better than the other one especially for the mileage. This one too is not high spec model unfortunately but it is worth considering it.  I don't particularly like it in black but it is not a problem. 

You wont find a cheaper one .....ands its facelift with Hard disc sat nav etc ............ snap it up but check the Battery first is taking full charge . 

1 minute ago, serbarry said:

What are the differences between the facelift and the previous model please?

As mentioned Hard Disc entertainment system NO tapedeck any more . Horizontal grill . 

9 minutes ago, nicnac said:

As mentioned Hard Disc entertainment system NO tapedeck any more . Horizontal grill . 

What does exactly mean hard disc entertainment? It can plays DVD? Thank you

Just now, serbarry said:

What does exactly mean hard disc entertainment? It can plays DVD? Thank you

Yes it can still play dvds but also you can put mp3 files into system . A much superior/flexible system to the prefacelift . 

if you are going for this car make sure you pay for an online check of the car hpi/stolen/ rightoff /insurance CAT etc as it nearly seems too good to be true.If all good then check the Battery charges and your good to buy 

• Like 1

then your immediate problem solved

as to the current EU rules on a buyers mandatory guarantee I think you could be asking your local RAC or AA office for their thoughts !

Malc

1 hour ago, serbarry said:

Unfortunately the seller replied that it has already been sold.

Did he say when? ..........................If genuine sale it would have been snapped up by speculator !

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

speculator Nick ?

That was a VERY cheap car in Irish market John . Cars are more expensive in the Irish Republic .If a dealer saw that he may have bought it ...put a few grand on it and resale . 

just for your info . MyIS250 Executive in 2006 retailed for 61,800€. The same car in UK was under £29000. 

18 minutes ago, nicnac said:

That was a VERY cheap car in Irish market John . Cars are more expensive in the Irish Republic .If a dealer saw that he may have bought it ...put a few grand on it and resale . 

just for your info . MyIS250 Executive in 2006 retailed for 61,800€. The same car in UK was under £29000. 

I have always wondered how you spotted that an sc430 being pursued by Venetian Lucy was a category xx. Some software you have ?

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I have always wondered how you spotted that an sc430 being pursued by Venetian Lucy was a category xx. Some software you have ?

I have always tried on here and LW to help people  , including VL................. Unfortunately sometimes  the help is misconstrued as being a smart alec , as in the recent case ...... ah well !!! thats life !! Trump supporters everwhere🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Did he say when? ..........................If genuine sale it would have been snapped up by speculator !

He did not say when, but you are right: it might have been bought by a speculator considering that at present there is only one model on sale of that type (indeed the one I had posted) and this particular type of 450 was very successful in Ireland.    

When the restrictions will be lifted, I may consider buying it in UK and bring it over to Ireland. There is so much more choice in UK. This is due I think to the fact that in UK the motor tax for the GS450H is only £255 while in Ireland it costs 1,809 or 750 euros depending of the year of registration. 

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links