Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When i hit the lock button on my remote the lights blink once, when i hit it again the lights blink again and when i hit it for the third time the lights flash 5 times. Is this normal?

Could anyone please help me who drives a gs300 SE series 2 model

:?:

Hi, not sure about the GS, but with the IS one press locks the doors a second press activates the dead locks . With regards to the third press, I'm not sure what it does. Maybe the lights just flash five times to tell you enough is enough and the full system is armed.

Hmmmm - mine doesn't do quite the same. First press gives one flash and second press gives 5 flashes.

I think it allows you to set the alarm and lock the doors but disables the movement sensors - not absolutly sure though - I'll find out and get back to you.

I finally found my CBEST listing, which is the settings that you dealer can alter, and affects many of the car's operations.

There's loads of settings for wireless remote operation, the second flash could be a simple car finder or telling the car to turn off the auto headlights.

I'm pretty sure that the 5 flashes is unsetting the alarm but leaving the car locked.

I have a CBEST listing if you want it - but only your dealer can change the configuration.

• 9 months later...

My GS Mk 2 sets the indicators flashing 5 times on the second press of the plip. According to my dealer's Service Manager this activates the alarm via the door and boot contacts but disables the passive sensor which is located under the centre console.

This is not covered in the handbook but I am confident that the Service Manager knows what he is on about. Just as well in my case as the sodding alarm sometimes goes off in the middle of the night and two presses of the plip prevents this.

• 5 weeks later...

One click - Alarm on

Second click - alarm on and dead locks (Can actually hear the bolts on my car)

Third click - Doors locked and dead locked interior movement sensor off

(can leave the dog inside)

keep your finger on the lock will then close all windows and roof.

When opening if you hold down the button will unlock the car and if you keep your finger on the button will open all windows and roof (assuming you have a sun roof!!)

I have sat in the car and tried to activate the dead locks with the second press and five flashes. but you can still open the doors from the inside. No dead locks on mine. But the movemenr sensor becomes inop.

I've always wondered this as well and almost posted the same question some time ago.

Wonder what happens if you press it a fourth time? Does it reactivate the movement sensors? Also, what happens if your 8 month old son grabs hold of your keys and exercises 2 years of normal usage in 5 minutes? What locked status is the car in then? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links