Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil And Fuel Pressure

Leitch

Hi folks,

Can someone tell me what the oil and fuel pressure for the 3SGE Blacktop should be? I'm using the engine in a Lotus 7 replica and I don't have the fuel pump/regulator and the Oil pressure relief valve was a victum of the original cars demise!

regards

Terry

Thanks altezzaz,

The oil pressure gauge in the Altezza doesn't give any scale other than High and Low does it? Failing that you would need access to an oil pressure gauge which taps into an oil line most people remove the oil pressure switch (which activates the oil warning light on the dash) which is located next to the oil filter and screw the gauge into there. The two most interesting pressure readings are at idle (the minimum) and at 3000 RPM or above (This should be the maximum pressure and the pressure relief valve should be operating/regulating by then).

I've never measured fuel pressure but again you would need the right gauge and a point to tap into the fuel line. This isn't trivial as I have heard speculation that the altezza pressure is around 60PSI which makes it an awesome flame thrower if it all goes wrong!

I was hoping someone would have decked out their Altezza with a full set of aftermarket gauges and they could read it straight off. Off course a fuel pressure gauge is pretty useless unless you've extensively modified your engine and you are worried about not being able to maintain it. As for my situation I am buying adjustable fuel and oil pressure regulators. I need to be able to adjust them to the right value. Getting the fuel pressure wrong is not to bad as I can set that by feel and the ECU tends to compensate a little. Oil is a different matter. Not enough pressure and the engine won't last long. Too much and I could blow a lot of seals which will become very expensive.

regards

Terry

Thanks altezzaz,

The oil pressure gauge in the Altezza doesn't give any scale other than High and Low does it? Failing that you would need access to an oil pressure gauge which taps into an oil line most people remove the oil pressure switch (which activates the oil warning light on the dash) which is located next to the oil filter and screw the gauge into there. The two most interesting pressure readings are at idle (the minimum) and at 3000 RPM or above (This should be the maximum pressure and the pressure relief valve should be operating/regulating by then).

I've never measured fuel pressure but again you would need the right gauge and a point to tap into the fuel line. This isn't trivial as I have heard speculation that the altezza pressure is around 60PSI which makes it an awesome flame thrower if it all goes wrong!

I was hoping someone would have decked out their Altezza with a full set of aftermarket gauges and they could read it straight off. Off course a fuel pressure gauge is pretty useless unless you've extensively modified your engine and you are worried about not being able to maintain it. As for my situation I am buying adjustable fuel and oil pressure regulators. I need to be able to adjust them to the right value. Getting the fuel pressure wrong is not to bad as I can set that by feel and the ECU tends to compensate a little. Oil is a different matter. Not enough pressure and the engine won't last long. Too much and I could blow a lot of seals which will become very expensive.

regards

Terry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links