Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haynes Manual worth it ?

Hi guys ... sadly printed Haynes manuals aren't available for my Rx400h ... found this online version https://haynes.com/en-gb/lexus/rx/2005-2010-33-hybrid-82225 ... are they worth it ? Forums like this and YouTube help a lot just wondering if this online manual is worth it ... all thoughts welcomed thanks

Really just replying to push this up the current listings.  With all the excellent DIYers on this site, I’m a bit surprised it hasn’t attracted some informed comment.

Or is everyone so expert they don’t actually need this - the home version of the workshop manual.

Like you, I suspect, the original printed versions were an essential adjunct to car ownership when both cars and life were a lot simpler.  Now that models are so complex, require special tools and can be produced in so many variations, I wonder if one manual can effectively cover them all?

Nevertheless, I would have thought that if you were planning to do any extensive work yourself, the relatively modest outlay for a digital manual would be a sensible investment, based on the quality of the printed originals.  Mind you, possibly not quite as easy to use - and you may end up with grease marks on the screen!

• Like 1

Similar experience to David although I did spend out on genuine Toyota manuals for my Camry quite some years ago. I also have referred quite extensively to the Haynes manual for my E39 (although it's for an earlier version).  I have found among other things that it is useful to have reference to torque figures.  Lexus complexity means I would now get Lexus or a good Independent to do other than simple jobs and I think the latter is true for most owners.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 6:29 PM, Srx400h said:

Hi guys ... sadly printed Haynes manuals aren't available for my Rx400h ... found this online version https://haynes.com/en-gb/lexus/rx/2005-2010-33-hybrid-82225 ... are they worth it ? Forums like this and YouTube help a lot just wondering if this online manual is worth it ... all thoughts welcomed thanks

Hi Shahid - that link doesn't work and just brings me right back to this page, but I've PM'd you with something that may help you.

• Like 1

The one listed by Haynes seems to be something from their "Autofix" range. Not entirely sure what that is but it's certainly not the regular repair manual they're known for. 

Regarding the online repair manuals, I've bought a couple of the last few years (Saab and Volvo) and find them much better than the old printed versions. The pictures are in colour for a start!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

The one listed by Haynes seems to be something from their "Autofix" range. Not entirely sure what that is but it's certainly not the regular repair manual they're known for. 

I discovered why the link didn't work for me - my adblocker stopped three different ad sites from loading and obviously stopped the page from loading too. Anyway, I made adjustments and found this:

1786492504_2021-10-17(1)_LI.thumb.jpg.cc2df8bdcfa0231b278e5b02e0187b9a.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links