Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 E10 petrol

Just an update to my previous posts on E10 petrol

Now been using super unleaded for couple weeks and the car runs much nicer getting about 22mpg in the city 28-30mpg mixed city and A roads, my opinion is that the super is better than E10...

1 hour ago, Rexlex said:

Just an update to my previous posts on E10 petrol

Now been using super unleaded for couple weeks and the car runs much nicer getting about 22mpg in the city 28-30mpg mixed city and A roads, my opinion is that the super is better than E10...

.............................for your particular engine Robert ?

1 minute ago, JBPRX400h said:

Just returned from a trip down through France and back in our 450h Sport using E10 petrol for the whole journey.  1250 miles at an average of 37.5 MPG.

JBP

That is exceptionally good mpg John. How far down did you go ?

Did you use the Toll Roads and what was your average mph ?

Didn't use toll roads at all, John. It was Calais to just north of Limoges and back. Various bits of dual carriageway/non toll autoroutes at 110KPH and lots of N and D roads with either 80 or 90KPH limits depending on which area you were in at the time. Makes for fun driving spotting the speed limit signs!

Most stressful thing was organizing the Covid passes before leaving and Passenger Locator Forms within the two days of returning. Computer kept saying, "No"!!!

JBP

Thanks John.

Average mph ? Did you go to Oradour sur Glane?

I have recently returned from Andalucia in the Merc diesel Estate auto.

Your fuel consumption is outstanding and I would expect the mph figure to be 3845.

I once came from Limoges to Wirral on a single full tank....750 miles.

I agree with the comments in your final para.

Don't know average MPH but just drove normally at or just below the relevant speed limits.  Too many speed cameras to catch you otherwise.

Longest journey so far on a tankful was Fort William to Milton Keynes via Dumfries earlier this year. 498 miles at 39.9MPG. (Final part was done on a wing and a prayer as the Tesco forecourt we were heading for in Milton Keynes was closed for refurbishment.)

JBP

24 minutes ago, JBPRX400h said:

Don't know average MPH but just drove normally at or just below the relevant speed limits.  Too many speed cameras to catch you otherwise.

Longest journey so far on a tankful was Fort William to Milton Keynes via Dumfries earlier this year. 498 miles at 39.9MPG. (Final part was done on a wing and a prayer as the Tesco forecourt we were heading for in Milton Keynes was closed for refurbishment.)

JBP

Reads to me like you are what I call a sensible driver John.

In my youth and ever since I was told and have continued tell myself that a speed of around 56-60 mph was/is the most economical speed at which to travel.

Incidentally I too was in those parts of the UK earlier this year. I`ll be off to Dumfries and Galloway and to Cromarty next year.

• 6 months later...

Just returned from another 1500 mile trip to France and back.  E10 petrol all the way again. This time brim to brim mileage was 40.75MPG and we weren't driving like Miss Daisy all the time!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JBPRX400h said:

Just returned from another 1500 mile trip to France and back.  E10 petrol all the way again. This time brim to brim mileage was 40.75MPG and we weren't driving like Miss Daisy all the time!

And I`ve just returned from Spain John. Merc diesel gave 51.1 fully laden over 1600 miles.

Not bad for 19 years old and 256,000 miles eh ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links