Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help with Lexus RCF gthaus meisterschaft musa electronic valved exhaust

Good evening all, 

I have recently purchased a used gthaus cat back exhaust system from a very king gent on the forum and am wanting to see if anyone else has fitted one of these with a remote for the valves.

The wires which come off the exhaust valve motors are very short and I need to purchase some kind of system that will allow me to open and close the valves by remote. There's a couple of systems on eBay but I'm unsure if they will be ok as it looks like they only have a wire for the live feed which plugs into the 12v cigarette socket which isnt ideal at all and has no wires for the valves. I could do with knowing if anyone knows of a remote system that I can buy and also where I may take the switchable live feed from for the unit please? Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Carl 

Would definitely suggest getting the remote, 

I have a different system (Armytrix)with 2 remotes to work the valves and a app on my Iphone that also opens/closes valves along with giving me telemetry info on how the cars performing813BCA39-FFB8-4528-8709-94FEBA8B7EA6.thumb.png.49876f44de67814248e38f48f795e80c.pngDC656920-0B0B-4AF3-BBF9-CF64714C942B.thumb.png.1fbefeba8d1ac368c85130bf95eb83a8.png6120ACF0-47CB-41DA-9697-F5967DD72181.thumb.png.3cb1dfc0c7a0d52aaf35efca9c3d769f.png

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the info and yes I definitely want a remote to operate the valves but I just can’t find anywhere that seems to supply an ecu with remotes and the correct wiring.
That looks a proper piece of kit on your car👌🏻 

• Thanks 1

The remotes can come direct from GTHaus but likely at a ludicrous bill. Email sales@gthaus.com and ask what they would charge.

Easiest is likely to just extend the wiring, and have a small toggle switch that opens/ closes the valve in say the centre console shouldn't be too hard to source something.

Mine was wired to the amp under the boot floor, as essentially the amp only has power when the car is on, then the remote obvs gives or breaks the feed to the valves (hope that makes sense).

2 hours ago, CJP1 said:

Thank you very much for the info and yes I definitely want a remote to operate the valves but I just can’t find anywhere that seems to supply an ecu with remotes and the correct wiring.
That looks a proper piece of kit on your car👌🏻 

I was going to purchase that same system over 2 yrs ago from cezar but neither of us could get a courier to accept it and  ship up to me in the N.E of Scotland, so i decided to buy new, and at the time GThaus was a 4-6wk wait, where as Armytrix was just a 3 day wait, and im very inpatient 😂 ended up costing more but im way way happy that i went the Armytrix system 

hope you get something sorted asap as its a VERY nice system youve got yourself,

on another note… i always have my system switch to LOUD so really dont need a remote lol just need to leave valves open 😂 even when i used to start work at 2am in a quiet culdesac…. Neighbours loved me 🤔 honest🤥🙄😬

Once your sorted post a vid up 👍🏻

2 hours ago, mr2lad said:

I was going to purchase that same system over 2 yrs ago from cezar but neither of us could get a courier to accept it and  ship up to me in the N.E of Scotland, so i decided to buy new, and at the time GThaus was a 4-6wk wait, where as Armytrix was just a 3 day wait, and im very inpatient 😂 ended up costing more but im way way happy that i went the Armytrix system 

hope you get something sorted asap as its a VERY nice system youve got yourself,

on another note… i always have my system switch to LOUD so really dont need a remote lol just need to leave valves open 😂 even when i used to start work at 2am in a quiet culdesac…. Neighbours loved me 🤔 honest🤥🙄😬

Once your sorted post a vid up 👍🏻

With all the superb advise from you guys I’m sure I will get it sorted sooner rather than later. Tbh I did consider just fitting it as I’m a little impatient but excited too but I best do it right if I’m going to do it.
Oh, and your poor neighbours 😂.  I can’t wait to wake mine up nice and early as he tends to do it at weekends with his range rover sport SVR. I’m sure this exhaust will show him what LOUD is 🤣

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

The remotes can come direct from GTHaus but likely at a ludicrous bill. Email sales@gthaus.com and ask what they would charge.

Easiest is likely to just extend the wiring, and have a small toggle switch that opens/ closes the valve in say the centre console shouldn't be too hard to source something.

Mine was wired to the amp under the boot floor, as essentially the amp only has power when the car is on, then the remote obvs gives or breaks the feed to the valves (hope that makes sense).

Yeah 300 dollars plus postage for the ecu, remote and wiring 😳.

It totally makes sense what you’ve put there and I may do that if I struggle to find something suitable 👍🏻

Thank you 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Oooo just remembered.

Try https://www.torqen.uk/

They stock UK GThaus products for some cars, not sure if the remote systems are all interchangeable but I imagine so

So glad I joined this group.
Thanks a lot for the link and advise again.
An ecu and remote should be universal so I will give them a call tomorrow 👌🏻

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links