Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

got some new disks and pads today

seems i had a sticky caliper which over heated disk and warped it.

I paid

£35 for front pads

£108 inc VAT for 2 front disks (blueprint)

• 2 weeks later...

ok.. had to take the car back as the calipers were binding slightly and luckly no damage to the disks

Garage were great.. they did a full strip down of the caliper and silicone greased all the bits. They did a fab job and when it came to pay it was a big fat 0, nada, gratis!

brakes feel much better

so.. if you have a warped disk then this could well be the problem

I need new rear rotors and pads. I was looking into the Brembo OEM replacements, but they are not cad plated. I hate the rotor corrosion showing through the wheels. I was thinking of coating them (and painting the calipers).

DBA rotors are very well finished

got some new disks and pads today

seems i had a sticky caliper which over heated disk and warped it.

I paid

£35 for front pads

£108 inc VAT for 2 front disks (blueprint)

steve, when you said blueprint, where you referring to the company Blueprint ADL, who supply copies of japanese car parts? i've acquired a copy of their latest parts CD, which lists lots of parts for LS400, and i wondered if there were any bad reports on them. have you (or anyone else) heard anything?

if they are any good, would it be worth someone negotiating with ADL so that they could supply club members at the same prices they supply wholesalers? ADL won't normally deal direct with general public.

i have heard no complaints bob.

also i have had no complaints myself.

Most parts are heavily discounted in comparison... and surely Blueprint would not sell didgy brakes without a E mark or something like that..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links